Aw man, it ain't like that. I wouldn't belittle your faith. But c'mon, intelligent design isn't science, it's just propaganda.
~Paul
You know that Bible you were reading before, Paul? That's not science either. But if you were reading it for it's riveting action and interwoven plot under the assumptions of fiction I imagine you were disappointed.
I just said I don't buy into either argument as absolute truth. I believe in the existence of a loving, compassionate God who created everything that is and ever will be. Whether he did it in 'seven days' by hand or put all the atoms and molecules and rules for their interactions into motion and manages the details of complex and long-term processes is immaterial to my Faith in Him. Either satisfies in me the more important factor: that God is there, that God is in charge and that although a fallen people, we are still loved and still offered the opportunity for redemption.
Our ability to question and seek knowledge is a gift. We aren't competing with any other species on the planet for knowledge and understanding. It's clear to my tiny, fragile, human mind that we are placed in a position to be stewards of the Earth and the rest of it's inhabitants. And, in my opinion, to seek the answers to our questions about ourselves, the planet, it's origins, and it's future as a means of finding the Creator.
Maybe, Wombat, that's the ultimate joy in a beautiful explanation. Talk about a grand unification theory.