Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.  (Read 11979 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:04:45 am »

Phillippe has bunny pajamas and bunny slippers.

Excellent Phillippe eyebrows in this one.  I especially like his expression in panel 1.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:20:30 am »

Billy Idol cannot save you now, Phillipe.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 04:22:35 am »

Well, let's get back to normal with-OH MY GOD LIEBOT WHAT ARE YOU SAYING TO POOR PHILLIPE

STOP IT.

SOMEONE KEEP THAT CRAZY ***** AWAY FROM PHILLIPE
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 04:25:27 am »

things are rough when you live with a ***** whose entire purpose is to lie.

poor phillipe. I was hoping Ray would teach him how to be tough.

I want there to be a blog where phillipe asks ray to teach him his moves
and then phillipe rips off the faces of lyle and liebot, and then pisses on them.

man. I like the little shaver.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 04:27:51 am »

I want there to be a blog where phillipe asks ray to teach him his moves
and then phillipe rips off the faces of lyle and liebot, and then pisses on them.

man. I like the little shaver.

The two statements you just made seem contradictory.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 04:56:56 am »

The little bunny PJs are adorable.

Otherwise, it's just LieBot making up stuff that will upset Philippe.  Ho hum.

goldenchurchhill

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
  • "The wine so bad it made the news."
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 05:08:46 am »

Still pretty funny though.  It is hard overcoming GOF hangovers.  I started reading 3 days into GOF, and had the whole strip archives read within 10 days.  It is going to be hard to deal with just a simple Liebot strip a day.

Still "The end!  No moral!" is genious.
Logged
To live outside the law you must be honest.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 05:11:32 am »

The morally-challenged ***** upset the otter in pajamas. Love it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 05:18:45 am »

A brilliant strip involving truly awful lies and a young otter's innocence being slowly worn away like drops of water on a boulder.
And Jough bitches about it.
I guess we really are 'back' huh?

For my money Onstad could take that Lemony Snicket bitch to school, you think that's an unfortunate event huh? What you got! What you got!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 05:42:48 am »

I always thought it was spelled "dike". Or did This Dutch Kid stick his finger in a lesbian?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 06:20:12 am »

I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Lie Bot improv some lies.  It seems like he usually has time beforehand to get everything planned out, then he finds his target; however, today his victim found him.  Also, his lies are different than usual, twisting around all sinuously instead of the familiar arrow-like manner of linear lying.

Instead of gunning Phillipe down, he wrapped that baby up like a friggin' spider.  Classy.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 07:59:28 am »

I always thought it was spelled "dike". Or did This Dutch Kid stick his finger in a lesbian?

I don't think that detail would affect the story either way.

Horrified otters in the dark look pitiable.  I like it.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 08:00:36 am »

I think a lot of these lies just kind of tell themselves, I mean the answer to 'but his mom was nice to him right?' was a total gimme.

Also I like that a priest finds him and can some how discern the child is not all the way dead. A priest is just such a comforting figure.

I just read my previous post and I didn't mean to sound like so much of a dick, Jough dissing a perfectly enjoyable strip is like me easing back into my favourite recliner after a week away, all that remains is the ice cold can of Bobby's swedish rock videos and the late night television of unnecessary cross referencing to previous strips and blogs to make it complete.

Don't look at me that way, I got 3 hours of sleep last night and am not allowed any caffiene today, I been having troubles.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

the gooseman

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 08:21:52 am »

I think the last thing lie bot says is VERY close to the truth about life.

how complex.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 08:39:58 am »

My response to the comic?  Meh

I did like the last panel very much.... poor philippe must suffer for our amusement
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up