Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.  (Read 11995 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 11:15:39 am »

Oh man I started laughing at the first panel because I knew something good was coming up.

And the "The End. No Moral!" just sealed it. Perfect.

Welcome back!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 11:26:07 am »

gooseman-- you're kidding. Right? Cause there is a moral. Good people are rewarded for their actions.

...Right?


...right? *sits up all night looking horrified*

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 11:41:08 am »

I think it's funny that you guys were worried Philippe would be scarred by the GOF when he has to make it through this kind of crap on a daily basis. The kid already is scarred.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 11:44:34 am »

Yeah, this is a "Liebot-Upsets-Philippe" strip by the numbers, but it's been so damn long since we had a Liebot-Upsets-Philippe strip at all that I'm grinning anyway. The End! No moral!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 11:47:14 am »

The only thing I'm looking forward to is when Philippe gets older and runs through the Old Folks home with a shotgun.

"This is for teaching me to breakdance!" BLADDOW
"This is for making me think Roast Beef was pregnant and had my birthday present as a baby!" BLAK-ACK!
"HUUUUUGS!" CH-CHK POW!

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 01:07:37 pm »

That is the loudest and longest any person can scream
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 01:08:37 pm »

HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THAT THAT WOULD HAPPEN

...I'm imagining a Dysfunctional Achewood. Can this happen? i want phillipe to get the revenge.

I am not very good at computer art, or any art... but maybe someone is good at this?

re: the longest anyone can scream: this reminds me of the calvin & hobbes where the top of each panel of a sunday-sized strip was AAAAAHHHHH because calvin was screaming.

the last panel was "for god's sake calvin, take a breath before you pass out on the floor"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 01:11:29 pm »

Sounds like a bad action movie.

Philippe's Revenge:
This Time YOU Are the Saddest Thing...  Bitches.

Maybe he has an eyepatch?*



*He lost the eye in "THE WAR".  The one between East Achewood and Achewood Heights where Pat was impaled by a foot long strip steak.  His last words were "ARrrgh... Nitrates!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 01:26:18 pm »

...I'm imagining a Dysfunctional Achewood. Can this happen? i want phillipe to get the revenge.

Wait, there's a Non-Dysfunctional Achewood?

Anyway, this is all verging a little much into the f-word, but the image of Pat receiving a fatal impaling with strip steak sort of vindicates it. Carry on, I guess.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 02:23:10 pm »

Yeah, I got a little too close there for my tastes as well.  Worry not.  Imagine me slowly backing away from something that horrifies me and then running like The Dickens.




Incidentally, The Dickens was known to run gracefully much like a gazelle; and that's just how you should imagine me running, like The Dickens.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 02:23:24 pm »

I love Philippe and yet I love to see him terrorized. This strip was pretty golden for me even though we've all seen Philippe being mentally and psychologically tortured before. I can never get enough Philippe. What can I say? I'm a sucker for cute little things like otters.

Do you think Philippe sees this as LieBot being mean? Does he realised LieBot is delighting in his misery? I mean after all the terrible shit that LieBot has done (both "on camera" and "off camera") to the little guy HE seeks out LieBot for a relaxing bedtime story? I guess Philippe is just slow on the uptake.


Not to be a stick in the mud but Dickens was another way of saying Devil back in the day(Wednesday) It was considered to be more polite than devil. Education
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 02:27:04 pm by Hobo Frenzy »
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 03:59:43 pm »

gooseman-- you're kidding. Right? Cause there is a moral. Good people are rewarded for their actions.

...Right?


...right? *sits up all night looking horrified*

There there, theinevitable, it's okay!  When we die (which only happens once we've lived good, full lives), we go to Heaven, where Jesus gives us thumbs-ups and makes us ice cream sundaes all day, and we can stay up as late as we want watching TV!



Though Q will berate me for it, I love Philippe, and I loved this strip.  It was a really excellent change of pace from the GOF simply because it was formulaic and familiar.  And I agree with AW: Philippe's expression in the first panel is fantastic.  I think that LieBot's comment, "...and then the rest of him dies, too" could probably be applied to Philippe's gradual corruption and loss of innocence at the hands of, well, pretty much any of the other characters.  He dies a little on the inside every day.

"Sorry, true."
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 06:21:30 pm »

Nothing to complain about this strip, no. In fact, after the GOF I could very well use a whole week of predictable situations involving talking cats and alive stuffed animals.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 06:24:04 pm »

There there, theinevitable, it's okay!  When we die (which only happens once we've lived good, full lives), we go to Heaven, where Jesus gives us thumbs-ups and makes us ice cream sundaes all day, and we can stay up as late as we want watching TV!


:brushes off dust:

Nice move... beautifully done... Tommy... you gotta come work for me, upstairs...  Nobody tells you when to go bed... ...you can have all the ice cream you want...  You get to KILL.  ALL DAY.  ALL NIGHT.  ITS LIKE AN ANGEL!!!

/Prophecy

(His birthday was Friday.)
Logged
ACHIEVE

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 07:06:37 pm »

Oh Tommy. This one was good after much threadiness. I thought the mother getting killed was a bit abrupt.

Anyhow, this is not a lie, this is a story. A children's story. It is clear to me that this story has been told for generations in the Deceptocon family, originally told by LieBot's great^128 granddaddy, Homer StoryBot 1 when he made his historic journey from Japan to California aboard the MS DOS.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up