Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: sweet, Ray's Place is back.  (Read 8467 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« on: April 04, 2006, 02:40:47 am »

http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php

I went back and archived through all the old advice columns a little while ago, and there was a lot of good humor in there. Lots of "meh"-grade stuff as well, but it's a welcome sight to see back nonetheless.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 04:55:12 am »

Sounds Peppy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 05:47:09 am »

You don't know the half of it!  This is pep of epic proportions.  This is the pep to end all peps.  This is the point when you get so peppy, the pep is just burning through your veins and you think "shit, I've really done it this time".
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 10:37:44 am »

You don't know the half of it!  This is pep of epic proportions.  This is the pep to end all peps.  This is the point when you get so peppy, the pep is just burning through your veins and you think "shit, I've really done it this time".

Flip, if you had a jib, I would like the cut of it.  Just saying is all.  Have yourself a can on me.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

stringph

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • I been meanin' to learn a little geometry
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 11:08:51 am »


I even busted out a classic move and put a little line through the vertical part of the “7.”

I do that all the time.

How else is the imaginary pep-boy (I see him as a Sokoban protagonist) going to resolve the fine distinction between getting paid $70 and $10?
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 01:42:21 pm »

I even busted out a classic move and put a little line through the vertical part of the “7.”

I do that all the time.

How else is the imaginary pep-boy (I see him as a Sokoban protagonist) going to resolve the fine distinction between getting paid $70 and $10?
The line of the check which either reads "Ten Dollars and 00/00 Cents" or "Seventy Dollars and 00/00 Cents", I would imagine.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 01:52:42 pm »

3 post just bitch slapped 6 post.

Damn!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 01:58:32 pm »

Newb fight! 

I'm taking all bets, I got 2:1 on mrdna!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 06:00:46 pm »

Flip, if you had a jib, I would like the cut of it.  Just saying is all.  Have yourself a can on me.

I had a jib, but it broke. 
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 06:06:03 pm »

You don't know the half of it!  This is pep of epic proportions.  This is the pep to end all peps.  This is the point when you get so peppy, the pep is just burning through your veins and you think "shit, I've really done it this time".



Is SO good.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 12:22:26 am »

I even busted out a classic move and put a little line through the vertical part of the “7.”

Occasionally, I will attempt to bust that move but end up with something that looks like the world's loneliest three.

Ditto with the one, with the slash at the top and the underline, looking like the world's angriest seven.

"I am such an angry seven THAT I AM UNDERLINED!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 12:26:35 am »

Quote from: Ray
I even busted out a classic move and put a little line through the vertical part of the “7.”

I parsed this wrong and pictured him busting an old school dance move and then writing his fancy european sevens.

SIlly.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 02:34:14 am »

man.
I always have hell of problems with those 7's and 1's and the like at school.

Because I put the little line on one 7 at the end, or the very beginning, and then I'm worried that the teacher will get confused if I change. So I have to go all the way through checking for the little line.

The wierdness of my handwriting has led me to invent several interesting hybrid letters, such as the 7/h, the 2/w... and a wierd star-thing. If I ever get into Tagging, I have an arsenal of cool-looking symbols.


does anyone else occaisionally have a freakishly cool looking letter occur? for instance: a perfect G? I will write a perfect G in the middle of a sentence, and then spend long periods of time trying to replicate it.
my notes are something like

Quote
Mapp v. Ohio-- exclusionary rule. Mapp Wiins. W W W W W W W W W
*several lines of various w's*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 03:17:22 am »

I have handwriting that is indecipherable to some people (most notably my 10th grade AP History teacher, for whom I had to invent a backup handwriting system).  It is extremely neat most of the time; the problem arises from the fact that all of the letters are on the same level (so no "big" capitals and "small" lower-case differentiation), that some of my letters are constantly upper- or lower-case, and that I write my "o"s with slashes through them (like some people write zeros) and my "e"s are three horizontal lines on top of each other (like an upper-case "E" without the vertical bit).

The backup handwriting I mentioned is very conventional; I use it on all official sorts of things like job applications, standardised tests, and when addressing letters, in case anyone else out there is as picky as that History teacher.

Basically, I'm always trying to improve upon my handwriting, because it is something I am very proud of.  I like to be inventive; I've even begun getting creative with my Russian script.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: sweet, Ray's Place is back.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 06:25:59 am »

My handwriting is apparently somewhat distinct.  A friend of mine actually had me write out various stuff in it so he could try to create a font from it.  It probably won't be very legible to anyone but me though.

I never understood the problem with '7's.  Why the dash through it?  I mean, I've got some weird ideas for how letters get formed, making 'the' look like '13' and other such problems.  But when it comes to numbers, it's so easy to be precise.  Just draw your damn top of the seven long enough, and it will be so immediately and obviously a seven that to mistake it for a one would require some mild mental retardation.  I never understood why that was an issue.

And the same thing goes for 'Z's.  Sure, it might end up looking like a '2', but...  context? I mean, seriously.  How many places can you think of where you wouldn't be able to figure a 'Z' from a '2'?  Who the hell is writing 'Vene2ela'?  And don't give me any crap about when you're talking in math - when it's critical in that sense, just sharpen the edges, and poof, built-in recognizability without extra slashes to make things look dense.

I guess I get worked up about stuff like that.
Logged
~
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up