Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)  (Read 38860 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2006, 11:33:23 am »

Dude, they're awesome. Get Dirt Track Date, it's funny and good music.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2006, 12:13:02 pm »

Original Fiend Club Member here, son.

Ha, that's so awesome! I'm not old enough to be an original member but I got a tie pin with the crimson ghost on it in the Box set. Fuck yeah, this is more reason to like you jough. Did you ever see them live?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2006, 02:11:25 pm »

BR-549,

You gotta like this band just for the name.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2006, 02:16:11 pm »

Ha, that's so awesome! I'm not old enough to be an original member but I got a tie pin with the crimson ghost on it in the Box set. Fuck yeah, this is more reason to like you jough. Did you ever see them live?

Dude, I was 8 when they broke up.

I did see Danzig during their first tour back in... '89?, but my friends and I went only to hate them.  And hate them we did (although I gotta admit love for Mother and Twist of Cain, but begrudgingly).

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2006, 08:01:02 pm »

have I told you guys about my uncle who saw The Clash, with The Specials and The (English) Beat opening?

I probably have, but that still pisses me off. he totally wasn't into it. he just went because his friends were going.

I am afraid to ask what other amazing bands he saw. Growing up in LA in the 80's... his friends were all into X and The Minutemen and Black Flag. Damn.

I'm not actually that into The Clash, but it's the principle of the thing!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2006, 08:05:38 pm »

have I told you guys about my uncle who saw The Clash, with The Specials and The (English) Beat opening?

I probably have, but that still pisses me off. he totally wasn't into it. he just went because his friends were going.

I am afraid to ask what other amazing bands he saw. Growing up in LA in the 80's... his friends were all into X and The Minutemen and Black Flag. Damn.

I'm not actually that into The Clash, but it's the principle of the thing!

H...h...bastard. I am sorry I insulted your uncle but holy hell! I would do anything to see The Clash AND The Specials at one gig. I would join the Army. I would spy on my friends. I would do anything Q wanted me to, even involving broom handles and treacle.

It completely sucks liking older bands. At least buying up their entire back catalogues is cheap-ish. Actually, while we're here, what is the average cost of a new/old CD in America?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2006, 08:12:45 pm »

Actually, while we're here, what is the average cost of a new/old CD in America?

TOO DAMN MUCH.  The entire American recording industry is completely fucked anyway.  I mean, when a trade group is going around suing its customers because they're too greedy to lower the damn price of a cd it cost them 5 bucks to make things are pretty bad.

The RIAA killed my father and burned my house down and raped a litter of puppies in front of my little sister is what I'm saying here I guess.

Edit: in case you actually wanted to know it can be anywhere from 15 to 25 bucks.

Further edit: not to mention that what you get for that ridiculous amount of money is usually a poorly compressed, DRM-y computer destroying abortion.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2006, 08:17:03 pm »

used CDs are cheap(er)!

yayyy used CDs! now, if only I could find any of the CDs I want...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2006, 08:22:44 pm »

I would do anything Q wanted me to, even involving broom handles and treacle.

I prefer to make it truly horrific... Marmite!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2006, 08:24:25 pm »

I prefer to make it truly horrific... Marmite!

Well, might as well complete the theme and include Bovril.

And while I'm on yucky things from the UK, what's the deal with Weetabix and why would you EVER put prawns on a pizza?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2006, 08:27:10 pm »

I prefer to make it truly horrific... Marmite!

But... I like Marmite! Truly, we are a match made in Heaven. (Or at least the seedy back alleys of Adult Heaven.)

Well, might as well complete the theme and include Bovril.

And while I'm on yucky things from the UK, what's the deal with Weetabix and why would you EVER put prawns on a pizza?

Bovril is delicious! When spread on buttered toast and eaten as a breakfast snack, there is nothing nicer. Nothing. Weetabix is similarly heavenly when mashed into a sort of gloopy wheaty milky mess, and then mixed with runny honey.

Erm, can't defend the prawns on pizza.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2006, 08:28:55 pm »

Good gravy AD Bovril?  I mean I'm a sick fuck but even I have my limits.


Though apparently Judy doesn't.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2006, 08:34:45 pm »

Well, it's a well know fact that the main reason Britain went about the world building an empire was because they were looking for something good to eat.

There's only so much you can do with roasted meat, boiled vegetables and duck sinkers.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2006, 08:37:59 pm »

Watch it, sunshines. Anymore of this cheek and I swear I'll start defending giraffe and chips. (Somehow..) I'll also go into gruesome detail of Full English Brekkers, something that will cause your healthy little foody hearts to fail out of merely imagining the fat involved.

You've been warned.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What'cha Listening Too (New for 2006)
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2006, 08:39:56 pm »

Well, it's a well know fact that the main reason Britain went about the world building an empire was because they were looking for something good to eat.

There's only so much you can do with roasted meat, boiled vegetables and duck sinkers.

I dunno.. a good pasty could suffice, but yes; I suspect it would get old.


I can see it now..
"'lo guv, anyfing t'eat?"
"Nah, just a chippy sandwich and some bread pudding"
"bollocks to that.  They got curry in India as I hear it."
"Bugger off!"
"S'trewth!"
"Right then, I'm off." *Grabs a gun and conquers India through the cunning use of flags*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up