Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!  (Read 11122 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

goldenchurchhill

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
  • "The wine so bad it made the news."
    • View Profile
April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« on: April 05, 2006, 07:13:19 am »

Now, we drink! We feast!  We spit in the face of death for another day!  BAH!

Great Vlad strip.  It is kind of nice seeing Philippe strips.  So simple, so brilliant.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:17:06 am by goldenchurchhill »
Logged
To live outside the law you must be honest.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 07:13:29 am »

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=04052006

Holy shit.... What a fuck*ng strip.  Vlad is a fuck*ng BEAST.  VLAD IS THE MAN AND YOU WILL ACKNOWLEDGE.  SPIT IN THE FACE OF DEATH!@!!111!

This strip is actually.... moving...

BTW:  Vlad has knees.  Liebot doesn't.
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:25:17 am »

I love how Phillipe's necessities for a journey to the transfer station consist of

  • a ladle
  • pork and beans
  • a sheriff's badge

Love it.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:28:41 am »

I notice Vlad shaved off the rest of his hair.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:29:41 am »

I would be completely satisfied even if this was a one-off, actually.

Edit: I guess I should say more than one sentence. I kind of feel like the #####s are collectively Phillipe's crazy uncle. Liebot is the crazy uncle when he is saying horrible things, and Vlad is right now the crazy uncle saying things the little man needs to hear.

Edit 2: I think Vlad made pierogies or something to feast upon with Philippe. He seems ready to follow through on that part.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:38:26 am by Ben-San »
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 07:42:52 am »

Vlad should provide commentary to every strip, like a DVD bonus feature.

It probably couldn't be audio, though, no voice actor would be good enough.

Oh shit.  I think I just invented the future of webcomics.

I should probably delete this post, but actually I guess would prefer to have the idea stolen.  Times are too busy than to get all caught up in voice acting.

Free audio commentary.  Hmmm, bandwidth costs money, doesn't it.  Damn.  I guess I'll just have to wait for the future, after all.
Logged
ACHIEVE

bonaparte

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 07:48:57 am »

Vlad makes me glad to be alive.  He makes me want to rage against the world and rise up so that I might punch God in his haughty craw, all the while just twisted around the bend on a handle of Aristocrat.

Also, you've gotta love the *THUMP* as Phillipe latches onto the couch, as if he thinks by holding onto it, they'll realize the error of their ways.
Logged

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 07:57:43 am »

Honestly, after the hit-and-miss of the GOF, the past two strips have been wonderful, as if Onstad has been stalking the coffeeshops of Austin, Texas for the past month and heard my bitching. Probably not, what with the baby. But Lie Bot and Vlad are favored characters for me, and it's been nice to have them back in action.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 10:34:10 am »

YaY Vlad!  Boo ongoing Philippe... thing.



That's really all I have here.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Color_Me_Brad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 11:23:00 am »

Hahaha, Vlad sadly decided to shave off his Taxi Driver hair.

Uh-oh...This strip is not a one-off.

Adventures with Phillipe and Vlad.....Could be cool.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 11:28:19 am »

Too soon!

Don't get yourself into something big, mr onstad! You might get stuck!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 11:48:08 am »

Vlad and Philippe's designs look so weird to me, although I couldn't say why.

Also, it's nice to see that one automaton actually treats Philippe okay. I can see Vlad and Lie Bot as two halves of the "crazy uncle" equation, really.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 11:56:15 am »

Too soon!

Don't get yourself into something big, mr onstad! You might get stuck!
Maybe it'll be one of those series like when Roast Beef went to the moon and not every strip was about him and his adventures ... that'd probably be a little bit better for everyone involved (unless this storyline is over by the end of the week).
Logged

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 12:02:03 pm »

*sniff sniff*

Emeril's new blog...plus...this strip...equals...

Ah, so it'll be Philippe dragged into Trashspotting!

Gimme the cookies now please.
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »

Archetypes! This strip reminded me of the dead poet society, only I hadn't seen it a-dozen-or-so times. It was really good.

Maybe it'll be one of those series like when Roast Beef went to the moon and not every strip was about him and his adventures ... that'd probably be a little bit better for everyone involved (unless this storyline is over by the end of the week).

I hope so. That would be nice.

What if this story arc actually becomes a rite of passage arc for Phillipe, and he comes out of it a man-otter?
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up