Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!  (Read 11135 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 07:09:02 pm »

The station wagon we got rid of (I believe I was about 6 or 7) had a middle seat belt that my sister and I referred to as "the snake." Our snake was a friendly snake, though, and I remember feeling sad that we were getting the minivan, and losing the snake. I tried to think of a way to get the snake out to keep him, but alas, he went ALL THE WAY INTO THE SEAT and as such that wasn't possible.

If I remember, I didn't tell anyone about it at the time, since I thought my family would deem it stupid to want to keep a pet seat belt. It was the first time I can remember not sharing anything about my feelings out of fear of being mocked for it.

It would turn out to be far from the last time.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 07:17:48 pm »

If I remember, I didn't tell anyone about it at the time, since I thought my family would deem it stupid to want to keep a pet seat belt. It was the first time I can remember not sharing anything about my feelings out of fear of being mocked for it.


/points
//snickers
///laughs
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 07:57:28 pm »

It was the first time I can remember not sharing anything about my feelings out of fear of being mocked for it.

It would turn out to be far from the last time.

I'd mock you for having a pet seatbelt, except I had a pet piece of green shag carpet when I was six. I named him Jack.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 08:45:52 pm »

golfhaus, I think I love you.

I recently had a long semi-fanfic fantasy where I imagined an older Calvin, giving up Hobbes because he got called a fag, forgetting about spaceman spiff, getting beaten up by moe,  still hating school and his parents, and basically becoming a bitter and ruined person.

I thought it was clever at the time, but now I'm a little worried.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 11:32:03 pm »

golfhaus, I think I love you.

I recently had a long semi-fanfic fantasy where I imagined an older Calvin, giving up Hobbes because he got called a fag, forgetting about spaceman spiff, getting beaten up by moe,  still hating school and his parents, and basically becoming a bitter and ruined person.

I thought it was clever at the time, but now I'm a little worried.

http://www.metaphilm.com/philm.php?id=29_0_2_0
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 12:47:01 am »

golfhaus, I think I love you.

I recently had a long semi-fanfic fantasy where I imagined an older Calvin, giving up Hobbes because he got called a fag, forgetting about spaceman spiff, getting beaten up by moe,  still hating school and his parents, and basically becoming a bitter and ruined person.

I thought it was clever at the time, but now I'm a little worried.

The saddest thing redux:
http://www.bugbread.com/miscweb/calvinretouch.jpg
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 01:01:54 am »

Yes, I have become attached to many an inanimate object as well, and I have the photographs to prove it.  Couch.  Numerous chairs.  Oscillating fan.  Air conditioner.  Hmm, I think I am noticing a trend.  I still have hell of difficulty throwing away anything.  But those things provided so much comfort.

The oscillating fan was definitely the hardest to part with.  I guess they sort of look like a person, with a head and face that kind of looks around.  Neck and body.



There was a time when I was eating Teddy Grahams with my mother (the ones with icing inside) and she made one speak and walk around.  I could not eat this cookie and it had to placed into a Tuppaware.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 01:17:33 am »

ego sum noah--
NOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO


That is too sad. This..
oh god.
I can deal with imagining it. but seeing it...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 01:29:09 am »

I saw that strip, and I died a little inside.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 01:39:10 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2006, 02:22:17 am »

I really want to show my mom, because we both love calvin and hobbes.
but I'm afraid she'd think I was trying to send her a message or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2006, 02:22:42 am »

The station wagon we got rid of (I believe I was about 6 or 7) had a middle seat belt that my sister and I referred to as "the snake." Our snake was a friendly snake, though, and I remember feeling sad that we were getting the minivan, and losing the snake. I tried to think of a way to get the snake out to keep him, but alas, he went ALL THE WAY INTO THE SEAT and as such that wasn't possible.

If I remember, I didn't tell anyone about it at the time, since I thought my family would deem it stupid to want to keep a pet seat belt. It was the first time I can remember not sharing anything about my feelings out of fear of being mocked for it.

It would turn out to be far from the last time.

Ths thread has taken a turn for the maudlin.  I think you Golfhaus for that.

Here's my family car story.  There wasn't an emotional scene, but I felt a sadness at the passing of my Mothers car.  It was a really beat up 55 Plymouth that she got when my folks were first married.  The cars previous owner was my Dad's Mother.  Of course it was my Mother's car when I was born, I ain't no bastard.  She drove this car until I was about 10 or 11 years old or thereabouts.  What I remember most about this car is that there was a hole in the backseat floorboard.  The  hole was big enough to fit my young foot through which I did on several occasions touching the pavement as it passed beneath the car.  I was unaware of how insanely dangerous that was and my Mother was unaware that I had done it.  It was only when I mentioned in passing at the time of the cars death that that little bit of fun wasn't going to be available to me any longer that my Mother came undone.  I'll just say that I got an education on how reckless I was being and how much pain I could have caused to myself.  The car had a nickname too, Captain America.  How fuckin' cool is that?  And i'm quite positive that my Mother never watched Easy Rider.  After the engine was blown my Mom got a brand new car, a Buick LaSabre, which was a really good car too.  Captain America sat in the driveway for several years then one day my dad sold it to someone he worked with for $100 dollars and the next day they came and hauled it away.  It was in that car that my Mother, my two siblings, I and several teenage girls that were over at the house because my Mother was chaperoning their slumber party; piled into Captain America and drove to the local radio station KEEL in Shreveport where they gave the DJ a bananna split.  I have no idea about the thought process that led to this decision to spontaneously do this thing.  On the way home from the radio station my mother took a wrong turn and wound up going the wrong direction on the freeway.  We almost died that night, but we were so freakin' happy.  What an adventure.  The DJ gave my Mom some promotional 45's.  I can't remember what most of them were, but one was Incense and Peppermints and another was Summer in the City.  It was also in that car that I learned the news one morning on the way to school that the Beatles had broken up.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2006, 03:01:55 am »

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April 5, 2006 -- Become a man! Become ALIVE!
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2006, 04:04:08 am »

I figured I'd leave that to you, Paul.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up