Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Colors and lines.  (Read 9888 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« on: August 01, 2003, 09:45:58 pm »

What do y'all think about the black & white color scheme?  I like it, but my colorblind spouse can't tell the difference.  Feedback, please.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Colors and lines.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 09:49:39 pm »

I like it.  It seems cleaner somehow.  All that blue; who needs it?  NOT US.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Colors and lines.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 09:51:28 pm »

Yea I like it. Works well with the logo being predominently black.
One thing is possibly, I don't know I think you may have changed it now but just before I noticed in the thread lists the names and such on the darker grey was kinda hard to read, but as I say lookin now it seems fine :S
Well, tis good anyhow!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Colors and lines.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 10:35:37 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
What do y'all think about the black & white color scheme?  I like it, but my colorblind spouse can't tell the difference.  Feedback, please.

Could you change the color of the quote field? As you can see in this post the actual box is the same color as the darker background posts. Maybe a lighter grey
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 10:54:50 pm »

You're right about the quote box.  I'll get right on that.  Any other suggestions?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 11:21:44 pm »

Wow, I am checking out the board on my spouse's Mac and it looks hella good in Safari.  I bet it's nice in Mozilla, too.  What about you Opera folks?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Colors and lines.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 11:58:26 pm »

[playing] Nobody uses Opera; that's crazy talk. [/playing]

(I actually don't, but maybe somebody out there does ... a crazy somebody)
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 12:00:03 am »

I know somebody uses Opera, because I remember somebody bitching about it on Dumbrella.  I just don't remember who it is.  "Somebody crazy" doesn't really narrow it down around these parts.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Colors and lines.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 12:04:51 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
"Somebody crazy" doesn't really narrow it down around these parts.

::points at jldunston with a shaky caffeinated finger::

 :lol:

(note first use of "emoticons")
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2003, 12:07:56 am »

<redneck voice> I could check thangs out with this here A-O-L Inter-dealie if y'all wanted </redneck voice>
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2003, 12:15:43 am »

Quote from: "ferocious j"


 :lol:

(note first use of "emoticons")


Oh, mercy.

Who PM'd me and offered to make new Smilies?  Seems like it was Schabe, but since he's my favorite at the moment it could just be my obssessive mind filling in the blanks.  

Anyway, I'll throw the assignment out there.  We have a plethora of emoticon codes to choose from, so I'd like to replace some of the more useless icons (like :arrow:) with little Achewood character faces/heads.  At the very least, we should have Ray, Beef, Vlad, Teodor, Phillipe, Lyle, and Mr. Bear.  

Have at it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 12:19:10 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Anyway, I'll throw the assignment out there.  We have a plethora of emoticon codes to choose from, so I'd like to replace some of the more useless icons (like :arrow:) with little Achewood character faces/heads.  At the very least, we should have Ray, Beef, Vlad, Teodor, Phillipe, Lyle, and Mr. Bear.  

Have at it.


Todd's middle finger would own as one.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Colors and lines.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 12:40:57 am »

Yea just so you know, it's looking good for me is it doing it in Mozilla.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Colors and lines.
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2003, 01:48:07 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"

Anyway, I'll throw the assignment out there.  We have a plethora of emoticon codes to choose from, so I'd like to replace some of the more useless icons (like :arrow:) with little Achewood character faces/heads.  At the very least, we should have Ray, Beef, Vlad, Teodor, Phillipe, Lyle, and Mr. Bear.

How about a Liebot :)? It would be useful as the "I am obviously saying something untrue/being sarcastic" symbol, for those in the board-reading public who may be sarcasm-impaired.

I'd also recommend a Pat :), but I can't think of an emotion it would convey beyond "I'm a dick" and "I just bought a porkpie hat."

... er, anyway, I suspect that's enough suggestions from someone with no graphic-design talent and thus no ability to help with the already-formidable :)-making task.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Colors and lines.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2003, 02:54:18 am »

I'm finding the link color to be exceptionally difficult to distinguish.  I'm good with the color scheme in general, but the medium gray link on the medium gray background just kinda gets lost.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up