Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place (09-09-03)  (Read 2426 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Ray's Place (09-09-03)
« on: September 10, 2003, 03:03:03 am »

Quote
Not being able to drive a car is like not being able to pee standing up.

Hee!

Other than that, though, it was kind of... meh? Bully to the "bring the strong sack" guy, I'm sure he did indeed need to hear just that. Hope it works out for him.

This feature is turning more and more into a real advice column and less of a humor column. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses the original rambling diary entries. Am I?

Column.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:18:49 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
9 September 2003
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 03:19:08 am »

I actually don't mind the change; there's both good advice and still a lot of wacky sideline stuff about the lives of the Achewood However-Many.

Also: "sperms."

[Edit: 200 posts. I am now Showbiz! Whoo! Time to go abuse Beef and eat snack meat products!]
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
9 September 2003
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 04:30:00 am »

I'm not convinced that Ray's Place is wholly turning into a real advice column.  I agree that it is moving that way, but I won't say that it's gotten less funny.

What struck me about this week's Ray Place is the consistency Onstad has developed with this feature.  It is always good.  Sometimes it is great.  But it's never less than good.  That's most admirable.

I meant to comment on the "real advice column" aspect last week.  I agree that more and more letters are asking for real-life advice.  Ray is more than up to the task! When presented with semi-serious letters, he's done a beautiful job of providing level-headed advice with grace and humor thus far.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 9 September 2003
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 09:15:35 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

This feature is turning more and more into a real advice column and less of a humor column. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses the original rambling diary entries. Am I?


As long as there's some fine writing and good humour in the column, I don't mind it being advice, but I do somewhat miss the rambling diary columns.
But I still enjoy it all. (That is all but the VH obviously).

I really can't type today!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
9 September 2003
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 05:34:49 pm »

I wasn't the one who posted the scottish fold thing, but glad to see 'stad is being kept in the loop.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
9 September 2003
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 08:01:48 pm »

Looks like R@ysmuck135@KazAa.com is going to be next on the RIAA hitlist.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nice Jough

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
    • http://poetryx.com
9 September 2003
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 11:14:03 pm »

I am sad because this was the last Ray's Place column for a while.

Ray is a super-duper cat for helping all of those people with their problems.
Logged
You are super!  You're a special person!
Pages: [1]   Go Up