Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pat Moment of the Day - Search Boxes  (Read 6173 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Moment of the Day - Search Boxes
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 04:22:20 pm »

Hey, I just wanted to complain about search boxes on web sites that did not search the site that they were placed on.

What about search boxes on websites that do search the site that they were placed on but do an incredibly shitting job of it? Like forum searches that won't let you filter by sub-forum. Civfanatics, I am looking at you.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Pat Moment of the Day - Search Boxes
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 04:22:54 pm »

Honestly, I hate the Touamb search box, but what's a mothafucka gonna do?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Moment of the Day - Search Boxes
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 04:25:04 pm »

Honestly, I hate the Touamb search box, but what's a mothafucka gonna do?

It is particular. I've had it return different results than Google more than once.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Pat Moment of the Day - Search Boxes
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 04:33:54 pm »

(note: obviously none of this applies if your primary occupation is to plummet.)

In that case, is your life narrated by Casey Kasem?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Pat Moment of the Day - Search Boxes
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 07:16:29 pm »

I think that lockin prescriptive/descriptive grammar threads in general is a good idea, but since this is explicitly a thread about being pedantic and dickish about tiny things, ala Pat, I'll allow it here. Go nuts, kids.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up