Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying a new PC...  (Read 13595 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Buying a new PC...
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2006, 02:35:17 am »

once, I experimented with linux. I have lost something like 10 gb to this monster. but I am too ashamed to face this "linux" and admit failure.

We can help.  We understand you...

join us...
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Buying a new PC...
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2006, 03:09:23 am »

I know.
I know.

it's just that at the time, I was a huge game-person.
Actually, just one game.
and it theoretically could work in NWN, but, in practice it did not. and my wireless network hated it, and shut off every few minutes.
i put in so much goddamn effort into it. trying to find the right drivers. having to edit files in Vi because I picked the wrong display driver. learning all the commands...
but in the end, it was too much of a pain to get it to do the things I wanted it to do.

when I get a new computer for college, I think this one can become my Linux box.
although, most of the problems I had with linux were, I believe, due to this computer being a laptop. or not. I can't really remember any of what happened with it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Buying a new PC...
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2006, 03:43:30 am »

Wireless is usually pretty iffy, i've got my 3 year old Compaq POS's wireless working fine with ndiswrapper.  I don't know if you've tried that or not, but something to consider.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up