Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 56939 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2006, 02:10:23 am »

Finalised tracklist for my mix, Music That Won't Let You Down:

1.  "SZ2" - Battles
2.  "Save It" - Bella Lea
3.  "Julie and Candy" - Boards of Canada
4.  "A True Story of a Story of True Love" - The Books
5.  "I Slept with Bonhomme at the CBC" - Broken Social Scene
6.  "Gunner" - Denali
7.  "The Instinct" - Denali
8.  "Ms. Rhythm and Blues" - Forget Cassettes
9.  "Facilities" - Khoiba
10.  "Hunted by a Freak" - Mogwai
11.  "Sing Me Out the Window" - Múm
12.  "Wandering Star" - Portishead
13.  "The Horror" - RJD2
14.  "Summer in the High Grassland" - The Silk Road Ensemble & Yo-Yo Ma
15.  "Your Ex Lover Is Dead" - Stars

PM me with your address if you'd like a copy.  I'll be burning the mixes and sending them out some time after 15 May.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2006, 02:46:47 am »

so...
I already have a copy, though.

Is this because you like me the best? I think it might be. This has been my suspicion.

or maybe I'm the focus person. If it's good enough for me, well, it's good enough for anyone. maybe too good!

also: I still have that dang ol' first song stuck in my head.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2006, 12:22:17 pm »

so...
I already have a copy, though.

Oh look hey so do I!

No one likes a braggart.

Not even me!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2006, 01:27:21 pm »

damn, man! you've changed!

you're supposed to say "shut up, you little shit! I have one too!"
and then we all laugh.

nice call, Mr "yeah hobot sounds so cute when she first wakes up."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2006, 01:34:57 pm »

Quiet you little shit.. you're not supposed to point out hypocrisy!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2006, 01:39:32 pm »

man...
with all this talk of little shit, I almost forget that you are the Meconium of the board.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2006, 01:48:07 pm »

nice call, Mr "yeah hobot sounds looks so cute when she first wakes up."

Fixed Sexed that up for you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2006, 03:13:57 pm »

Fixed Sexed that up for you.

~Paul

You, sir, are creating a hostile internet environment.  This patriarchal misogyny will not stand.  I will fight you.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2006, 03:58:19 pm »

This patriarchal misogyny will not stand.

Oh yeah. Tell that to God's Own Dick.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2006, 04:24:31 pm »

Quote from: jough
"yeah hobot sounds tastes so cute when she first wakes up."

For the win.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2006, 04:25:29 pm »

*Cough*
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2006, 04:28:27 pm »

*Cough*

Still you have to admit that was a winner. Oh sure, we could go for the cheap Apocalypse Now reference regarding the smell of Hobot in the morning but Jough would still win the thread.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2006, 07:18:01 pm »

OK, ok, this is what I overheard someone saying the other day. it wasn't me, I swear.

Quote
nice call, Mr "yeah hobot is  so cute when she first wakes up. just like she always is."

I originally had put something quite rude there. And then I had the apology which follows. I did not make the connection that maybe I should not say it, if I immediately felt the need to apologize.

I am sorry.

I have learned today that the things that I say as jokes are not always taken as jokes.


Apparently I made a girl cry?

finally: I am sorry that 'dawg had to read that. sorry.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:28:28 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2006, 07:20:16 pm »

Man, it was cute and good natured until you shit all over it.

Boo to that.

This post is senseless now that the preceding post has been edited, but it served it's purpose. Carry on.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 11:00:55 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2006, 02:07:50 pm »

ALL MIX DISCS HAVE BEEN SENT; ALL SOULS DID (WILL) BURN!



Except for Judy's who said his parents may look at it, so I didn't exactly want to put "Judy Is A Dick Slap" on the label... so.. dammit Judy.. pick a moniker and I will put it there.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Up