Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 56997 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
MixDisc '06
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:25:32 pm »

V suggested it and I think it's a capital idea.  Whatd'ya say?  I started preparing a mix a while back and i've been just waiting for this thread to happen so I could unleash it on you guys.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:32:19 pm »

Since I've already promised several people an instrumental Zappa disc, I'll probably just try to deliver on that.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:54:52 pm »

Tentative theme: "Anxiety and Automatons." I promise there will not be too much weird European metal about fighting 'bots, though, and I'll try to keep the amount of Yoshimi tracks reasonable. Thoughts?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:55:38 pm »

So what's the deal with this? Are we sending people music they probably haven't heard, or basically making a decent album whether it's mainstream or otherwise? Either way, sounds like a top notch idea.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 08:05:49 pm »

So what's the deal with this? Are we sending people music they probably haven't heard, or basically making a decent album whether it's mainstream or otherwise?

It's your mixdisc Brother Judy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 08:05:59 pm »

Everyone will hate my album but I am totally in this time.


Totally.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 08:17:38 pm »

So what's the deal with this? Are we sending people music they probably haven't heard, or basically making a decent album whether it's mainstream or otherwise? Either way, sounds like a top notch idea.

My last disc, Something Clever, was basically just whatever I happened to be listening to at the time. My liner notes were just a track list, not even a picture. It's still available for download if anybody's interested. PM if interested (and you have over 100 posts. My bandwidth ain't infinite).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:21:33 pm by CortJstr »
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 08:32:27 pm »

i use this post to express my hearty support of the concepts and ideals presented earlier while at the same time acknowledge my own inability to follow through on contributing anything meaningful or worthwhile.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 09:11:44 pm »

I started putting together a mix disc for you people back in the Fall when someone proposed this, so I'm in, of course.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 09:22:33 pm »

Um, how does this work, like, if mine is totally lame do you still send me yours?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 09:26:44 pm »

Um, how does this work, like, if mine is totally lame do you still send me yours?

Well, I got several even after I'd sent mine out, so I'd say your chances are good.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 09:34:39 pm »

I'm seriously at a point where I am all kinds of hung up about music.

I'm mostly frozen in the mid 90s, with a couple points of interest over the last 10 years.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 04:48:40 am »

I"ll say yes, but let's face it, it's not gonna happen.

So, probably not.  But maybe.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 07:10:02 am »

You folk familiar with this?

http://www.yousendit.com/

Free site that you can upload zipped folders upwards of a gig in size, and they host it for download, up to 25 times, or two weeks, whatever comes first.

I've used it on other forums for this sort of thing before, makes things a lot less messy.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 12:06:21 pm »

I'm in. Hope y'all like alt-country and underground hip hop!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Up