Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 57017 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 12:09:21 pm »

Emmoh is clearly a bad internet-stalker.  Why would we want to use that site and eliminate the opportunity to collect people's real names and addresses for apparently innocent purposes?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 12:11:25 pm »

Emmoh is clearly a bad internet-stalker.  Why would we want to use that site and eliminate the opportunity to collect people's real names and addresses for apparently innocent purposes?

Exactly! And what about the home made artwork and possibly crippling shipping costs? In an age of free, impersonal music over the internet... it's all we have to hang on to.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 03:56:13 pm »

I'm in. Hope y'all like alt-country and underground hip hop!

Yes please!

And yea... I'm kinda with Judy.   I think I'd prefer the magic of Sharpie on Silver CDR to electronic delivery.     Of course, that time I Tivo'ed BSG for a dude in MN... he never did get the DVD, but then again, I DID just slap postage onto an AOL Tin, and black out the AOL crap.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 06:10:49 pm »

Yeah, I have to say, I like the idea of actual physical CDs being involved. It's cool to have a physical memento of the swap that I don't have to burn myself, and besides, album art!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 06:59:18 pm »

OK, are we really doing this?  Because I'm really doing it.  Like, right now.  And I'm going to cry if no one wants it.  I will trade for old mixes from the last time round since I didn't participate.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 07:02:12 pm »

If nothing else I am with you on this womby.   Even if I have to send you an entire cd of Tuvan throat singers.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 07:10:31 pm »

But I already HAVE an entire CD of Tuvan throat singers!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 07:22:48 pm »

What about turn of the century jazz and blues?  I could do a whole cd of that?  Oh the possibilities I am going to unleash about all of your fragile innocent ears!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 07:59:39 pm »

What about turn of the century jazz and blues?  I could do a whole cd of that?

That would be frikkkkkin' awesome.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 12:22:19 am »

My mix is pretty much finished! What should I do now?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 01:52:39 am »

My mix is pretty much finished! What should I do now?

Everyone that wants Judy DS's mixdisc pm him with your address.

Also post a tracklist in this thread.

Thanks Judy, that was quick.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 01:56:04 am »

Our all Zappa mix project never got off the ground, but i'll bet there is a lot of TMBG turn up in these mixes.  It's on everyone's mind and everyone wants to prove that their favorite track is the best.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 01:59:00 am »

No TMBG on mine... yet anyway.

Mostly because almost everyone else LIKES THE WRONG ALBUMS!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 02:03:57 am »

Wait - is there a theme? A deadline? I don't work well freeform, people.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 02:04:19 am »

There will be a Mono Puff track on mine. Hell, maybe I'll do a whole Mono Puff mix and call it "Why MisterQueue is Wrong and Also a Bad Man."
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Up