Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 56925 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2006, 03:22:29 pm »

ugh.. you lazy lazy people.  I will host it when I get home.  Sheesh.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2006, 03:26:17 pm »

Fix the link to Judy's mix too.  I want my free entertainment!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2006, 03:28:31 pm »

You know what, just for that I'm not gonna. You had like 2 months time to download that bad boy.  2 months!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2006, 03:33:17 pm »

RapidShare tells me I've used up all of my free downloads and now I have to pay, even though I never did actually get to download Zart's mix.

Dang. :(

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2006, 05:37:10 pm »

ugh.. you lazy lazy people.  I will host it when I get home.  Sheesh.

Man, I was going to get around to it.  I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better way to obtain it.  That RapidShare site doesn't exactly look reassuring; all intimidating red text and distracting crap I don't care about.

But hey, if you insist, then by all means.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2006, 05:54:38 pm »

But hey, if you insist, then by all means.

INSIST!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2006, 01:27:33 am »

I know starlight won't find anything new there; hell, I think she introduced me to a couple of the artists via her illegal download-filled livejournal.

Aw.. hee!
The post I linked above* goes to an even more illegal downloadable livejournal ;D
I hardly post full albums in public lately.  someone who did a band's website finding my site put the fear in me!
[edit: above as in my last post on page 10... oops]

I did see some I don't have but have heard of.. I figure later I'll just put the songs I have in order and download the couple I don't have.. lazy right now though.. or more, I have a headache :\

---

As for the other discussion-
I used to find rapidshare intimidating, but once I got it to work okay, it's been decent since I can leave the site once it starts downloading.
The actual download didn't take long either.. I just got my own broadband/router thing hooked up though.. it went at least 130kb/s which is fine by me when I'm browsing websites :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2006, 03:47:43 am »

So Q, what's that link again?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2006, 04:15:57 am »

So Q, what's that link again?


In about 9 minutes Zart's mix should be here.

I don't know how long I'll leave it up because that is a large file.  So, grab it while it's hot!  (I'll give you guys at least a couple weeks.  ALERT TO WOMBY)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2006, 11:14:09 am »

I'm currently listening to Zart's mix, that Snowpony song sounds quite nifty. And "Hotel Bloedel" scares me a bit.

After reading through this thread, I'm quite tempted to make a mix CD of my own. It will probably have no theme except "these are songs that I like". It may contain excessive amounts of Aquanet, spandex and raised index and pinky fingers. But possibly also Elton John, Stillwater and teh Springsteen.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2006, 08:37:58 pm »

I've made a list of Hawaiian music, old and new which could be interesting to some of you - I haven't tracked down all of it yet (one particularly funny song is out of print) but if anyone's interest in a melange of Hawaiian chant, slack key, hula music, Ja-waiian reggae, Hawaiian Rock, surf music, beach music, and local favorites/legends. Let me know and I'll get off my butt and put it together.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2006, 08:52:58 pm »

I've made a list of Hawaiian music, old and new which could be interesting to some of you - I haven't tracked down all of it yet (one particularly funny song is out of print) but if anyone's interest in a melange of Hawaiian chant, slack key, hula music, Ja-waiian reggae, Hawaiian Rock, surf music, beach music, and local favorites/legends. Let me know and I'll get off my butt and put it together.

I'm definitely down.  This could be an interesting idea too!  Everyone bringing a mix from their area, or an area they like.  I could definitely put together a pretty comprehensive "Sounds of St. Louis" sort of disc. 

Anyway, yes, AD, by all means please.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2006, 10:22:02 pm »

This could be an interesting idea too!  Everyone bringing a mix from their area, or an area they like.  I could definitely put together a pretty comprehensive "Sounds of St. Louis" sort of disc.

Making a Richmond mix would be an excellent excuse for pumping Denali into your collective eardrums!  Count me in on this tentative endeavour. 

Oh, and it would also include GWAR.  What's not to love?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2006, 10:52:34 pm »

A Philly mix could be interesting.  Is it artists that are from Philly only, or can it be things that were recorded in Philly?  The latter presents more interesting possibilities.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2006, 11:07:24 pm »

A Philly mix could be interesting.  Is it artists that are from Philly only, or can it be things that were recorded in Philly?  The latter presents more interesting possibilities.

I would leave it up to those to define.  I am mostly planning artists FROM  STL specifically but a few songs that are resemblant of the City as well (as they have been used or reference the town in some way.  And no, no St. Louis Blues or Minute Waltz)

I'm not a stickler for rules here. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Up