Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 57107 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2006, 11:30:46 pm »

Holy shit, dude.  I knew you were younger than me by a little, so when you said that Hicks was a year behind you in college... I couldn't believe that I am older than Taylor fuck*ng Hicks.  He looks like he's in his 40s, and not just because of the shitty hair.

Man.  I know I look young for my age, but DAMN does TH look awful.  The Soul Patrol must be making him age early or something.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2006, 07:51:53 pm »

So as not to let this die, I should be posting my local STL mix by the middle of this week.  I expect you Jack Sampsons to put on your face eyes and sit in your body chairs!

I want to see some mixes dammit.  Drop and give me 20... 20 tracks!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:02:47 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2006, 11:31:27 pm »

Alright, this is probably going to seem a load of bollocks but I was thinking of a mix where I put down a song that reminds me of someone on this board, and then a song for someone else etc. Like so:

1. MisterQueue - Psycho Killer
2. TheInevitable - Mr Clean   
3. Hobot - Junk Food Junkie (Ironic!) (Also, I will not be using these songs if I do in fact carry this through.)

Is this A) Overly 'friendly'?
         B) Pretentious? (This song is so YOU!)
         
You decide! I'm sure this idea would be better in the hands of an accomplished mix-maker.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2006, 11:50:18 pm »

I don't even want to know what people on this board would assign to me songwise.

Also, Henry Kapono just released an all Hawaiian album that looks incredible. Should make the mixdisc when I get around to making one - new baby sometime in the next 72 hours or so.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:54:57 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2006, 11:54:48 pm »

I don't even want to know what people on this board would assign to me songwise.

Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan

EDIT: Maybe not. I am going to put THOUGHT into this.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:17:42 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2006, 11:55:50 pm »

Is this...
  • A) Overly 'friendly'?
  • B) Pretentious? (This song is so YOU!)

  • C) Creepy*

*But I Like it.

What song did you pick out for me?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2006, 11:59:02 pm »

What song did you pick out for me?

~Paul


Hold your hosses, mate. I haven't even started it properly yet!

(Basically though I am thinking Highway Star by Deep Purple)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2006, 12:00:31 am »

A great idea!

Holy crap is this a great idea.  But I would be SO AFRAID of pissing someone off with my choice (or by leaving them out if I ran out of space/couldn't think of anything)


Dammit... a local mix and a TOUAMBer mix... is this TOO much?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2006, 12:05:29 am »

OOH!  Or maybe even a mix representing TOUAMBers but without listing which ones so that people have to guess?  Or have I taken this meta idea so far into the meta that we need to start staying off the beach?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2006, 12:26:44 am »

Or maybe even a mix representing TOUAMBers but without listing which ones so that people have to guess?

TOO FAR Q.

But the original idea is very cool.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2006, 02:03:16 am »

I have to say, I'd like that.

Incidentally, on the local mix, are those of us who are nomads allowed to cheat and make a mix about our unmoored nomadic lifestyles? Because yeah. I'm from nowhere.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2006, 03:57:27 am »

Man, I'm not sure I want to know what my song will be.  It could go either way, you know?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2006, 04:13:58 am »

(I am thinking Highway Star by Deep Purple)

Fuck Yeah!!!

...she's a killer machine, she's got everything, like a moving mouth, body control and everything

~Paul


Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2006, 06:03:30 am »

I have not heard any of these songs. What is the deal.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2006, 10:17:01 am »

I have to say, I'd like that.

Incidentally, on the local mix, are those of us who are nomads allowed to cheat and make a mix about our unmoored nomadic lifestyles? Because yeah. I'm from nowhere.

Sure V, I will allow said rules bending, but only FOR YOU.  Nevah let nobody say I din't do nuffink for you!  (I don't... I don't even know why I just wrote like that... I am sorry)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Up