Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 57101 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2006, 05:44:17 pm »

new baby sometime in the next 72 hours or so.

Good luck to you and yours, Mr. Dawg!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2006, 07:23:17 pm »

Still on yellow alert babywise...thinking today or tomorrow.

I don't know if I want a mixtape themed on songs matched to TOUAMBers but I think it would be fun for you cool kids who know lots of music to post some lists and have us guess.

As long as it stays in good fun and doesn't get personal.

Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2006, 08:12:31 pm »

So I should stop looking for songs about eating babies?

Congrats on the new nipper, AD.  Do you know if it'll be a boy or girl yet?  Do you have a name picked out?

(I am probably revealing my thread-skimming by asking these questions)

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2006, 08:28:57 pm »

Hannah Noelani for a girl. On the off chance she's not her, his name is Jack Anthony Kalani
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2006, 08:37:08 pm »

Well maybe I'll post my TOUAMBer list for guessing and then have the answers/mix available a couple days later.  Of course it will be all in good fun, except for jough's.  I'm planning on giving a song from Anal Cunt.  Oops, did I give it away?!

Good luck with all the baby-ing there AD.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #215 on: July 12, 2006, 10:49:56 pm »

Those guys have such a wonderful raft of song titles.  Wonderful.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2006, 05:07:58 am »

Q, I am disappointed in your lack of creativity.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2006, 05:45:38 am »

Q, I am disappointed in your lack of creativity.

Yeah.. I'm working some lame chuckles these days.  I blame the week I've been having.  I promise I'll get back up on my game soon.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2006, 02:27:21 am »

I have posted a mixdisc online for any interested parties.  It is 14 audio files and a brief .txt file in an 85MB ZIP file.  You're on your own for artwork.

If you feel like downloading it, click here.

I realize that just spoodging a bunch of music onto the web and calling it a mixdisc lacks the romance of burning individual discs, printing out artwork, putting it into envelopes and taking it all to the Post Office.  But that's just the kind of "romance" I don't have time for right now. So you'll just have to settle for some music.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2006, 03:21:03 am »

The music is all that matters, your last mix was a killer.  A++.  However, artwork or not, the mix needs a name.  What is the name of your mix?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2006, 03:31:02 am »

Now that I found megaupload I will be making a mix in the next couple days.  What do I go for, stuff most people may not have heard, or a good disc of what I am into recently?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2006, 03:53:22 am »

It's your mixdisc make it however you feel.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2006, 04:29:07 am »

What is the name of your mix?
~Paul

Call it Sleepwalkin' Southern Capers.  Just be sure to open the .txt file so you have the song order; I tried to be careful about the flow.

Now that I found megaupload I will be making a mix in the next couple days.  What do I go for, stuff most people may not have heard, or a good disc of what I am into recently?

The tastes are so varied across this board that you can't make "stuff most people may not have heard" a factor.  One board member might do a mix of stuff that you'd hear on a Classic Rock station, and another would only include songs recorded by shy Asian macrame enthusiasts on wax cylinders. 

Just pick 14 or 15 songs that rock your rod and then try to arrange them so they take you on some kind of weird journey where you start in one place and end up somewhere completely different. 

Or do it another way!



Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2006, 04:59:14 am »

Thanks for the advice.  You will see my disc hopefully by this friday.  I may have 2, with 2 different themes.


Limmo:  Yours was a pretty good mix.  It did go very nicely together, and, unfortunately, stopped me from studying for my African Reprecussions test I have tomorrow.  I just hope I can get a disc to flow as well as yours, that was the main point of all of this.  Also, you also reminded me that my band will never have a song as good as a Beatles song that would have never been released if the Beatles weren't the most popular band ever.  Thanks for crushing the dreams of a person who doesn't want to get a real job.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:13:55 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2006, 05:03:36 am »

Thanks for crushing the dreams of a person who doesn't want to get a real job.

From the perspective of an almost-40-year-old man, I'm doing you a favor.

[/crotchetiness]
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20   Go Up