Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 57095 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2006, 04:08:30 pm »

Okay, because I felt guilty for being way behind on my STL and TOUAMBER mix, I made another quick n' dirty mix.  It was supposed to be done last night but I got called into work (which I didn't get back from till 4am and then there were guys using chainsaws on my street.. so the mix is a little lackluster due to me being insane with deprivation.) 

Tracklist in a second but a few notes:

- This is a little less accessible mix than "Pirates Mostly... Mostly Pirates"
- There's a couple interludes on the first Disc.  I probably put too many, but fuck you.
- I couldn't resist putting Ace Rock on here, so those of you who absolutely hate hip-hop can just skip the 2nd to last track on the 2nd disc.
- Mostly I'm making this one download only but if you really really need (or just want) a physical disc from the Q then lemme know.. I can do this thing if need be.
- As with Keith's it's a RAR and a rather big download.  (165 mb!  My goodness!)  If you are using Mac there should be no problems.  If you're using Windows, get WinRAR (it's mostly free) to unrar it.  If you're using *nix, why the fuck would you be asking for help with simple decompression?
- I do tend to ramble on a bit.  I  blame the sleep deprivation mostly.
- Marmosets like cheese.

That's all.  It's available here.  Tracklist below.  (I promise STL and TOUAMBER mixes available soon)

**********************************
Q-Mix: Internal Mechanical Simulation

Disc 1: Ultimatum

1. Intro - Presumptuous Assumption
2. Hard 'n Phirm - Pi
3. Joanna Newsom - Inflammatory Writ
4. Juanes - La Paga
5. Interlude - Stab from the Past
6. The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
7. Great Big Sea - Last Shanty
8. Bjork - Army of Me (Dr. Syntax mix)
9. Built to Spill - Bad Light
10. Kid Koala - Skanky Panky
11. Amon Tobin - Wires and Snakes
12. Buju Banton - Champion
13. Interlude - Plans for the Future
14. Barrington Levy - Here I Come
15. Of Montreal - It's Easy to Sleep When You're Dead
16. Ween - Don't Laugh (I love you)
17. Regina Spektor - Ne Me Quitte Pas
18. The Faint - Agenda Suicide
19. Adhesive Boy - Da Phunky Forest
20. Closing to Disc 1

Disc 2: Longing Tudinal

1. Disc 2 - Intro
2. Self - I am a Little Explosion
3. Clem Snide - Mike Kalinsky
4. Bjork - Generous Palmstroke
5. The Rosebuds - Unwind
6. Kid Koala - Basin Street Blues
7. Pavement - Killing Moon (Cover)
8. Camera Obscura - Suspended from Class
9. Bulgarian Women's Choir - Kaval Sviri
10. The Ditty Bops - Wishful Thinking
11. Regina Spektor - Prisoners
12. Meat Beat Manifesto - She's Unreal
13. Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution - Eyelids
14. Marcy Playground - Blood in Alphabet Soup
15. Blonde Redhead - Speed x Distance = Time
16. Bloc Party - Banquet
17. Joanna Newsom - This Side of the Blue
18. Green Bird
19. The Frogs - Vacation (Cover)  ((You're going to want to stop this song probably after about 10 seconds, but do yourself a favour and at least make it to the refrain.  Promise.))
20. penis on Mars - Actionist Respoke
21. Aesop Rock - 9-5ers Anthem
22. Outro - An Homage to Treasure
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 04:25:53 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2006, 11:46:15 pm »

recieved a mix from mr Paul McRae!

waiting for my parents to say "who is "theinevitable?" who is this Paul person? you met him on the internet!? what!?"

edit: HOLY HELL! 6 discs!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2006, 11:51:50 pm »

Me too.  I am a little overwhelmed.  How will I listen to six new discs? Damn, why don't I have a CD player in my car?  Why am I always behind the times?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2006, 12:06:25 am »

dude, i am so bad at making mix CDs. I am trying to make smooth transitions.

how do you transition from rockabilly to 1st wave ska? or from 1st wave ska to punk? In theory: 2nd wave ska. but the reality is that these songs do not mesh together.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2006, 12:08:40 am »

You put another song in between?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2006, 12:09:26 am »

Me too.  I am a little overwhelmed.  How will I listen to six new discs? Damn, why don't I have a CD player in my car?  Why am I always behind the times?

Me three!

But why "FAP"?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2006, 12:12:39 am »

But why "FAP"?

The answer to this will frighten us all I'm sure.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2006, 12:33:57 am »

so.
I have a tentative tracklist. 2 discs, because it was easier to add more songs than it was to cut-- too many songs that I love. but not enough songs to find a "theme." although there are two tracks by local groups on here. I am really sad that I couldn't get the track by the local ska group who I basically am in love with.

Disc 1: Rockabilly, post-punk, punk, ska.

1-- Elvis Presley-- Blue Suede Shoes
2-- Carl Perkins--That's All Right, Mama (almost used the awesome beatles version. but didn't.)
3-- Cake-- Stickshifts and Safety-Belts
4 X-- Burning House of Love (Live)
5 Mr J.R. Cash-- Hey Porter
6 I Ain't got You-- The Yardbirds (transition! semi-effective! really fun guitar solo.)
7 Buzzcocks-- What do I Get?
8 Mission of Burma-- That's when I reach for my Revolver
9 Viet-Nam-- Minutemen
10  Mission of Burma-- Ballad of Johnny Burma
11  Black Flag-- Wasted
12  The Replacements-- I will Dare
13  Mission of Buma-- Peking Spring (live)
14 Too Much Too Soon-- Mr Desmond Dekker
15 Shame and Skandal-- The Skatalites
16 Israelites-- Mr Desmond Dekker (this man has possibly my favorite voice.)
17 Nite Klub-- The Specials
18 Tonight-- The Slackers
19 Hey Baby! (new rising sun)-- Mr Jimi Hendrix
20 Mission of Burma-- Academy Fight Song (wow, doesn't this sound like REM, guitar-wise? Except, you know, older.)
21 Mr Chuck D and the Public Enemy-- Fear of a Black Planet (the title track of their 2nd album. also, the verse which gives the track its name is only said in samples. I love this.)
22 Sonic Youth-- (She's in a) Bad Mood

Disc 2! Jittery spastic rock, twee pop, and crazy loud music. and then some acoustic songs.

1 Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers-- Moanin'
2 Mr Stevie Wonder-- Big Brother
3 The Feelies-- Raised Eyebrows
4 Violent Femmes-- Prove my Love
5 The Feelies-- Fa-C-La
6 The 'mats-- Answering Machine
7 Beat Happening-- Let's Kiss!
8 Heavenly-- C is the Heavenly Option
9 Pixies-- Mr Grieves
10 Sleater-Kinney-- Little Mouth
11 The Talk-- Ammunition for a Love (this CD came out on my birthday, which was also the day I got my first guitar. my ex-girlfriend has smooched at least 2 members of this band.)
12 Elevator Action-- Modern Sickness (Another local band.)
13 Sonic Youth-- Hot Wire my Heart!
14 The Vaselines-- Son of a Gun (playing this song on an acoustic guitar to a baby will make him stop crying.)
15 Sleater-Kinney-- Good Things
16 Beat Happening-- Fortune Cookie Prize
17 The Slackers-- Sarah
18 What I like most about you is your Girlfriend-- The Specials
19 Andre "Ice Cold" 3000 w/ Norah Jones-- Take off your cool
20 The Flaming Lips-- There You Are (this song was recorded on the side of a highway. I love it. listen to the crickets! and the trucks going by!)

and I might add another jazzy song so that Moanin' is not all alone. Possibly: the song which includes the single saddest note ever played, on any instrument.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2006, 12:37:15 am »

Will you be mailing or offering them up for download?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #264 on: August 05, 2006, 12:40:50 am »

10 Sleater-Kinney-- Little Mouth



This is one of the 4 good Sleater-Kinney songs.  That's all I'm saying.  BLEEP!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #265 on: August 05, 2006, 12:47:13 am »

Hm.

I think I may do a little of both?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #266 on: August 05, 2006, 04:44:51 pm »

10 Sleater-Kinney-- Little Mouth



This is one of the 4 good Sleater-Kinney songs.  That's all I'm saying.  BLEEP!

I bet you just did a little dance when they broke up recently. You heartless bastard.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2006, 06:51:47 pm »

I bet you just did a little dance when they broke up recently. You heartless bastard.

Well I have been burning their images in effigy for years, so the dance was mostly that my magic still works rather than true maliciousness really.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #268 on: August 05, 2006, 08:09:36 pm »

OK, Paul posted one disc worth of tracklist above  but sent six discs.  You would think that one would only be grateful for such generosity but... it turns out that it drives me crazy to listen to something and not know what it is.  (And before you all ask... no the files do not have informative names.)



Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2006, 11:31:30 pm »

Six discs? I think it's a crying shame Paul didn't jump the whole proverbial rope and name the first disc 'Hobot'.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up