Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy  (Read 1685 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Grey's Anatomy
« on: April 14, 2006, 02:26:02 am »

Some of the other EMTs turned me on to this show. I think it's pretty good, but I want to clobber Meredith. I just saw robog_dog's post about House, I will have to check it out. Anyway, it's fun to theorize about patient diagnoses before they come up with their answer. My favorite was the Grey's episode that had the man who was "pregnant" with a teratoma. A teratoma! Eeeewww! So gross and fascinating! I am just sad that they didn't show it (yeah right, like they would show something that graphic on television). Teratomas are tumors that can sometimes have teeth and hair and nails growing inside them, which I guess is why medieval folks thought they were a witchbaby.

They used to baptize teratomas, thinking that they were evidence that someone had been shagging the Devil. Makes you wonder what the teratoma department of heaven looks like! (I can't remember, but I believe that quote is attributable to Ed the Pathology Guy's website at http://www.pathguy.com/)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 02:59:56 am »

I watch it some, mainly because the wife and one of the daughters does.  Also because I have the hots for Sandra Oh.

Also, Hi Linnea!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 05:13:33 am »

I don't watch the show, but I definitely have the hots for Sandrah Oh. 

Oh!  Oh!  Oh!

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 01:00:28 pm »

Who among us doesn't have the hots for Sandra Oh - it's impossible not to.

Also, the show is pretty good, but I came in at the start of the second season, so I'm just tired of Meredith being sad and bitchy all the time - thus far, she hasn't really demonstrated any redeeming qualities.  But everyone else is likable enough, and, being a medical drama (dramedy?), the plots are generally pretty OK with me.

It took an issue of Entertainment Weekly to straighten me out on who slept with who's ex-what in the first season though - it's a tangled web.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 01:11:46 pm »

Sandra Oh lovers:  Have you seen Dancing at the Blue Iguana?

You should.

Anyway, I fuck*ng hate this show.  I hate the lead character.  Is this Meredith?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 03:47:11 pm »

Sandra Oh lovers:  Have you seen Dancing at the Blue Iguana?


No, but I did see her in Sideways, getting porked by the Lowell from Wings.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 01:15:03 am »

Schweet...I'm not the only one with a ridiculous crush on Sandra Oh! She's definitely my favorite, after George O'Malley.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up