Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Neil Young Living with War  (Read 4489 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Neil Young Living with War
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:11:06 pm »

New Neil Young Album

Quote from: HARP Magazine
[Johnathon] Demme, who filmed the award-winning documentary Neil Young: Heart of Gold, writes in an e-mail, “Neil just finished writing and recording – with no warning – a new album called Living With War. It all happened in three days.” How rock ‘n ‘roll is that?

I just wet myself.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:00:06 am »

All ya'lls complaining about Neil Being too blunt with titles like Let's Impeach the President are about to miss a fuckin' killer album.

Go listen to it, or go fuck yourself.  Either one, don't matter.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 01:04:46 am »

Never said I won't listen to it, but I will fuck myself.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 02:56:48 am »

The weird thing is that Neil is actually allowing it to be streamed.  I remember reading a petition a few years ago to release On the Beach on CD, and it quoted Neil saying that the low quality of CD audio was the reason it hadn't been released.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 02:57:26 am »

I haven't really finished listening to Prairie Wind yet. 

TOO SOON, Neil.

TOO SOON

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:01:42 am »

I haven't really finished listening to Prairie Wind yet.

I'll never be finished listening to Prarie Wind.

Is so good...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 05:15:30 am »

The weird thing is that Neil is actually allowing it to be streamed.  I remember reading a petition a few years ago to release On the Beach on CD, and it quoted Neil saying that the low quality of CD audio was the reason it hadn't been released.

Think of the stream as akin to hearing it on the radio.  It's gonna be in the stores in May.  I got an e-mail from amazon.com today, guess what, they somehow knew I was a Neil Young Fan.

Ok, so I go to amazon.com and when I get there I realize I don't have Ragged Glory or American Stars and Bars so I bought them instead.

But man, why you gotta send me back to amazon.com for On the Beach?  Haven't I spent enough already?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 02:32:45 pm »

Hey, my current play (the one that's getting the attention) has thinly veiled attempt to have me meet Neil Young built right into it.  That, or it has the possibility that I will be sued by Neil Young for illegally putting "Helpless" into my script.  No, I kid.  I plan to legally pursue the rights to put part of the song into my play at a pivotal moment.  He is Manitoba's son after all, and if all goes as planned I will meet and hug Neil in two years.  If all goes in a bad way I will have to moderately edit a few scenes in the play. 

Also, Neil Young, along with Crosby Stills and Nash will be performing here in summer, but I'm not going - tickets went on sale today and are already sold out.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 12:59:32 am »

Hey, my current play (the one that's getting the attention) has thinly veiled attempt to have me meet Neil Young built right into it.  That, or it has the possibility that I will be sued by Neil Young for illegally putting "Helpless" into my script.  No, I kid.  I plan to legally pursue the rights to put part of the song into my play at a pivotal moment.  He is Manitoba's son after all, and if all goes as planned I will meet and hug Neil in two years.  If all goes in a bad way I will have to moderately edit a few scenes in the play petition his estate for it.

Also, Neil Young, along with Crosby Stills and Nash will be performing here in summer, but I'm not going - tickets went on sale today and are already sold out.


All you have to do is wait long enough.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 03:14:10 am »

The weird thing is that Neil is actually allowing it to be streamed.  I remember reading a petition a few years ago to release On the Beach on CD, and it quoted Neil saying that the low quality of CD audio was the reason it hadn't been released.

It's like the radio.  To whet your appetite.  So you'll buy.  And it's totally going to work.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 03:15:15 am »

I haven't really finished listening to Prairie Wind yet.

Isn't it good?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 03:17:11 am »

It's funny - I really thought it sucked when I first heard it.  Then he did a whole week on Conan, playing a song or two a night, and I really loved the new ones there.  So I relistened to the album a few times and I think it was my sixth or seventh listen where it really hit me. 

But seriously, I'm still kind of absorbing that one.  I listen to it about once a week.  I'm not quite ready for a new Neil Young album yet.

TOO SOON

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 03:17:48 am »

...iif all goes as planned I will meet and hug Neil in two years.

If you accomplish this I will officially idolize you.

~Paul
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 03:21:02 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 03:18:33 am »

You don't already, Paul?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young Living with War
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 03:19:45 am »

You don't already, Paul?

We're just making it official.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up