Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?  (Read 12247 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

goldenchurchhill

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
  • "The wine so bad it made the news."
    • View Profile
April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:26:49 am »

Man, Emeril knows the crazy guys, awesome. 

The comment about the Philippe not being the only thing missing is also classic.  Sweet Beef singing.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04172006

Plus, "if you ask me that sounds about as phony about the lunar landing." 

Classic strip around, in my opinion best since the GOF.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:46:55 am by goldenchurchhill »
Logged
To live outside the law you must be honest.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 08:29:45 am »

Beef isn't singing. That is his ringtone, possibly specific to calls from Teodor.
Logged

goldenchurchhill

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
  • "The wine so bad it made the news."
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:30:56 am »

Oh shit, I thought he was like grooving out with his arms, but now I realize that he is lookign for his phone.
Logged
To live outside the law you must be honest.

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 08:46:21 am »

With this strip, I now understand the Emeril Adoration.

Also, am I the only one who initially thought that the book conversation had somehow inspired Beef's member to begin singing?
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 08:53:20 am »

Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies.

edit: Oops, I meant to specify the the ringtone.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:58:37 am by antioch »
Logged
I am older now.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 10:02:22 am »

meh/ho hum

Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 11:44:19 am »

Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies.

edit: Oops, I meant to specify the the ringtone.

Thank you. 

Also: "I think we got a thing in the main."  Sigh.  Can anyone correct the typo in the thread title?  All I can figure out how to do here is lock it in a fury.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:47:25 am by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 11:45:09 am »

I enjoyed this, but mostly because Emeril is there and I would have Emeril's retarded baby.

Also Lyle, "Tell that guy he sucks!" (With typical Beef politeness in response "Okay yeah I'll try to work that in."  Is so good.)

Actually I pretty much love when we see characters who don't always hang together getting a chance to work outside their normal idioms.  *Swings from chandelier*

Sorry that went there, I was trying not to let it do so.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

trouserbat

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 25
  • No trilobite, no cry.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 12:00:37 pm »

This is a profoundly, profoundly weird one.

The "Lovely Rita" panel made me laugh incredibly hard, and I still haven't figured out why.
Logged
Forget what you know about craveless nori!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 12:01:39 pm »

I enjoyed this, but mostly because Emeril is there and I would have Emeril's retarded baby.
Also Lyle, "Tell that guy he sucks!" (With typical Beef politeness in response "Okay yeah I'll try to work that in."  Is so good.)

Well, damn, now I don't have anything to add.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 12:20:08 pm »

This strip was just so-so for me (aside from "Tell that guy he sucks!" "Okay yeah...") until the Lovely Rita panel - because I just arrived at work 5 minutes ago, and was listening to Lovely Rita in the car.

Synchronicity - it's powerful stuff.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 12:24:58 pm »

Well, damn, now I don't have anything to add.

There there Mme Hobot, you had so much to add IN MY MIND!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »

I really liked Lyle in the second panel.  If there is one thing that can get Lyle's attention, it's moon-fakery.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 12:51:55 pm »

Wait, is the Ralph Rene book the pile of hand-stapled computer paper that they were talking about on the Conpiracy episode of Bullshit?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 12:52:43 pm »

Wait, is the Ralph Rene book the pile of hand-stapled computer paper that they were talking about on the Conpiracy episode of Bullshit?

Yes, probably.  I did a wiki search and it mentioned that Ralph Rene was featured on the show and that the book was self-published.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up