Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?  (Read 12280 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 10:30:01 pm »

Why hasn't it turned into a thread where people talk about whether or not the moon landing was faked?

Because it wasn't?

I find that the worst part of the strip, really, that a cartoon cat such as Emeril could subscribe to such nonsense.

Besides, I see Lyle being more of a Wild Bill Cooper, "Behold a Pale hoss" kind of guy. That, or he likes Richard Hoagland.

Further irony is found in Lyle's profound kookism, and its association with Pat's love of Noam Chomsky, et al. I am relatively confident that one day they will agree on something, and then kill one another in an orgy of conspiratorial violence. Pat will be the only cartoon cat who is not allowed to leave Hell, and will be forced to watch hetero porn while eating only beef for the rest of his days eternity, since he's already dead.

edited to correct an absurdity
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:55:50 pm by Formica »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 11:05:13 pm »

I'll show you mine if you show me first?


Mine isn't a song, so I could only wait helplessly for someone else to start it.  (Mine is a recording of my dog barking.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 11:06:26 pm »

Mine is currently the ring of the phones from "24" last season.

Boop boop, BA-doom.

Very pleasant sounding and it's unique enough that it sounds like MY phone when it rings.

Prior to that I had Flint's phone from "Our Man Flint" for the longest time.

I like a phone to sound like a phone ringing.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 11:11:05 pm »



I like a phone to sound like a phone ringing.

Word, but it's tough to resist when you find Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time as a midi.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 11:12:42 pm »

If I had any idea how to set a custom ringtone on my phone it would probably be the distinctive whistle of the communicators from the original Star Trek. As it is I do not know what my ring noise  is. I didn't really like any of them, so I picked one out of necessity and then set it to vibrate the first day I got it, and have had it so set since.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2006, 11:29:55 pm »

For unknown calls it is the theme from the Exorcist.

For known calls it's Paranoid Android by Radiohead.

I suspect this makes me look fairly neurotic which.. probably isn't too far off at this point.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2006, 11:30:59 pm »

I'm using EBN - Interruption (RealPlayer Windows Media) as my ringtone when I'm in the office.   It's subtle enough and can be heard, but most people ignore it.   Also: Analog television channel sounds, are retro-fun, but not stupid like meshback hats.

Otherwise, when I'm out and about, the music from Bubble Bobble.  I will always dump a couple quarters in a Bubble Bobble machine, should I come across it in the wild.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2006, 11:44:32 pm »

I've never seen a Bubble Bobble machine! It was one of 3 NES games we had growing up - I haven't beaten it to this day.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 11:45:27 pm »

Oh Bondage! Up Yours! by X Ray Spex, looping the screaming/1234! at the beginning and the ensuing drum roll.

Or it would be, if I needed a phone.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 11:47:09 pm »

Hahah, As a sad, lonely child, I was angered to learn that you can't receive the "True" ending of Bubble Bobble on the NES without a second player in the game.   

I had to draft someone to jump around and not die while I beat the boss monster.

It's the same music as the NES version...that music that bores into your soul.

On the Freeview-Preview:  I thought England had more mobile phones than they had citizens.   How is it you're not sending an SMS to someone right now?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2006, 12:06:17 am »

I'm using EBN - Interruption (RealPlayer Windows Media) as my ringtone when I'm in the office.   It's subtle enough and can be heard, but most people ignore it.   Also: Analog television channel sounds, are retro-fun, but not stupid like meshback hats.

Observe the high-quality noob:  Answers the question with links to sound files.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2006, 12:26:44 am »

One time I was hanging out in a hotel lobby where a bunch of equally-dorky friends and I were staying, doing.. something. I think I was waiting. Anyway, I started idly humming the main melody of the Bubble Bobble theme (it had been stuck in my head and I hum when I'm bored). Unprompted, one of my friends began doing the "secondary" track (not exactly harmony, but the appropriate whatever.) We made it through a cycle or two of the theme. Then we stopped at the same time and one of us ate a hard-boiled egg.

It was pretty neat. The noob got a TCoDP for making me think of it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2006, 12:32:42 am »

Fine. Fiiiine. You can be right.

Well only if I am.  Otherwise you are totally going to rub my face in it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2006, 01:08:43 am »

I don't have a cell phone yet, but a friend of mine had The Flaming Lips's "Race For the Prize (Sacrifice of the New Scientists)" as his ringtone for a while. It's such a great idea that I may have to steal it, particularly given that I plan to be an earnestly self-sacrificing new scientist next year.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2006, 02:32:51 am »

I have several sounds from Star Trek loaded on my phone - I tend to swap between them when I get bored.  Currently my ring from known callers is one of the TNG sounds, and from unknown callers it is a recording of an old-style dial phone.

I once went through my mp3s and selected a bunch to edit for inclusion in the phone rotation, but never bothered editing them.

I love the fact that linux geeks know how to get any file on my phone for free.  Paying someone else to do that would be ludicrous.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up