Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?  (Read 12270 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 02:36:37 am »

This thread has inspired me to finally download a ringtone. Now my phone plays Mongoloid whenever anyone calls.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2006, 02:51:03 am »

This is my ringtone. No joke.

(I have a Helium MIDI for when I'm in polite company, as well)
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2006, 03:06:09 am »

+=
Logged
[expletive deleted]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2006, 03:10:47 am »

I had St Stephen, but I couldn't hear it very well.  Now I have an old timey (i.e. from my youth) phone ringing -- actual bells.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2006, 03:25:58 am »

hm, so.

my phone is one of the lame ones that comes with it. I refuse to pay to get a ringtone. I am too lame to figure out how to load one on.

the best ever was when there was a MIDI player on my old Nokia. It had a program called "Composer" built into it. I found a site online with how to type in a variety of songs.

for a long time, I had a midi version of the intro to "Light my Fire". Then, the Zelda theme song.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 04:27:00 am »

"Blackbird" by the Beatles.  Fuck you, it's a good song.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 11:49:41 am »

Which/Whose version?

I use Devo's Big Mess intro.
I didn't even know there were other versions. I have Devo's.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006, 03:05:59 pm »

Despite the fact that I start a new job at Sprint tomorrow, I have the same phone I bought in 1998 and feel no need for a fancy new phone that can play a custom ringtone.  Also, you kids get the hell off of my lawn. 
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2006, 03:23:05 pm »

There isn't, for me, but you never know what these whacky kids will stew up so I had to check before letting my self have that weird little internet feeling you get when someone uses/likes the same stuff as you.

OHhHhHhhhhh...
I hear you. I frequently have to set my younger sister straight on stuff like that, such as telling her that Limp Bizkit wrote neither Behind Blue Eyes nor Faith. Oh well, gives me another way to express my inner cranky old person.

Hey now kids, you can't come on my damn lawn neither.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2006, 03:41:24 pm »

I hear you. I frequently have to set my younger sister straight on stuff like that, such as telling her that Limp Bizkit wrote neither Behind Blue Eyes nor Faith. Oh well, gives me another way to express my inner cranky old person.

Hey now kids, you can't come on my damn lawn neither.

George Michael's Faith album was standard accompaniment to my paper route for years.

Goddamned whippersnappers.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2006, 05:04:19 pm »

My ringtone was the opening moments of "Sweet Child Of Mine" until my girlfriend decided it was the most annoying thing in her life.

She doesn't get how Axl Rose being Completely Crazy is one of the Awesomest Things on Earth... but that's her loss, I'd say.

But with all the crap she puts up with from me, if I can make switching my ringtone seem even slightly like a Significant Sacrifice that pays back some of the amazingly ludicrious things I do with my time, then I've come out ahead in the equation.

Switching over to a pretty-crappy midi of Stone Temple Pilot "Plush" is a loss, but a small loss, and hardly one toke over the line.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2006, 05:21:57 pm »

We temporarily interrupt the wandering portion of this thread to remark on how clever doomglobe is, despite that fact that I wouldn't have recognized the second picture if it hadn't had a helpful file name.

Carry on.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 08:49:35 pm »

My roommate has some Beethoven symphony or other as his ringtone, and the volume is set to "you will not bear children."

I want to murder every time I hear it.
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 09:00:01 pm »

Otherwise, when I'm out and about, the music from Bubble Bobble.  I will always dump a couple quarters in a Bubble Bobble machine, should I come across it in the wild.

Oh my goodness. I had a summer that involved a lot of running, and the Bubble Bobble theme was stuck in my head almost constantly.  Luckily it has since been replaced with U Can't Touch This, which is an improvement because the lyrics are inspirational.

While I like classical music, I hate classical music ringtones, particularly in midi form on the phones of people in suits. It does not make one appear classy, just pretentious in a really lame way.
Logged

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 03:26:29 am »

My ringtone was the opening moments of "Sweet Child Of Mine" until my girlfriend decided it was the most annoying thing in her life.

She doesn't get how Axl Rose being Completely Crazy is one of the Awesomest Things on Earth... but that's her loss, I'd say.
Man, Axl Rose is possibly the crappest of crap dudes.  Nothing he does can ever be awesome.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up