Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?  (Read 12294 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 04:29:58 am »

But there was that one song, wait, no... That was Slash, I'm sorry, it was all Slash.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 04:39:29 am »

Man, Axl Rose is possibly the crappest of crap dudes.  Nothing he does can ever be awesome.

That's the point. He's such a crap dude that he has completely flipped the switch. He transcends.

He has taken being a crap dude to Awesome levels.

I attended one of the few Guns N Roses shows with the "new" Guns N Roses that actually happened? With the guy from Nine Inch Nails and the guy from Primus and the guy from the Replacements and the guy with the chicken bucket on his head?

And between songs, it was like watching Hunter S Thompson trying to defeat the devil by ignoring a midget that was cruelly mocking him by destroying effigies of long-lost dead friends of his. He would go on these insane rants and... sometimes, he would just play classical piano between songs. Surprisingly well, to be honest. As though in the fifteen years hiding in underground compounds scattered about Malibu, he at-least learned how to play piano relatively well.

And he woke giant peasant shirts and weird oversized football jerseys and the man with the chicken bucket on his head handed out Star Wars toys to the moshpit but...

At one point, before performing "Patience" he went off on a tirade that was so Crap, it is why people call the point where you are so crap that you are awesome again The Axl Point:

He started rambling in a fashion that could only be described as if Howard Hughes had discovered the joys of trailer-brewed methamphetemines about how all the other guys in the "old" Guns N Roses didn't want to record any of the crowd's favourite songs. This went on for minutes and minutes.

"Izzy didn't wanna record Patience. Slash didn't wanna record Patience. I MADE them record Patience! I GAVE YOU Patience..."

And the line that I could not believe a man could ever deliver seriously, except for the power of crossing the Axl Point:

"Those guys were bad cops... and I'm f-ing Serpico!"

Except, you know, the swear word was intact, as he was saying this to the Knickerbocker Arena in Albany, NY and not on a message board.

You can say all you want that Axl Rose can't be awesome... but if you can picture a man, in a peasant shirt, standing next to a man with a chicken bucket on his head, in his early forties, out of shape, with dyed blonde braids, screaming to a crowd of aging-themselves old hair rockers, claiming of the men that helped him become so inscrutably rich that he could go this mad... Seriously Saying:

"Those guys were bad cops... and I'm f-ing Serpico!"

If you can picture that? You can know that you can be so crap that you are the most Awesome of all.

Unless you're not into jerks. I guess I'm still young enough to enjoy jerks.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 11:34:21 am »

Look at the guy (courtesy of Awful Plastic Surgery).

And you know he's rocking that bandanna just 'cause he likes the way it looks, and he totally has a full head of gorgeous blond hair under there, he's not balding, or suffering from bad plugs, you know, he just thinks the bandanna is more rock 'n' roll.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 01:00:10 pm »

The success of Velvet Revolver (Slash & Co hooking up with Scott Weiland = stroke of genius) postpones the Guns and Roses reunion by at least a decade.  Axl is Michael Jackson scary and therefore is completely fascinating.  Axl melting down on stage will be the media sensation of the year.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 08:49:00 pm »

Axl is Michael Jackson scary and therefore is completely fascinating.  Axl melting down on stage will be the media sensation of the year.

Exactly! He's got all the fascination of a Michael Jackson... now with 95% less being creeped out by what he actually does!

Whereas you feel kinda guilty finding Michael Jackson fascinating/funny/interesting because of... the really truly terrible things he probably did... with Axl Rose, you get all that Trainwreck Goodness but, really, at the end of the day, all he's really "done" is go into hiding and get into crystals and start dressing like Ali G and act like a dutchbag toward the people who helped him get rich.

So you can really enjoy it, no irony aftertaste.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2006, 11:46:45 pm »

We temporarily interrupt the wandering portion of this thread to remark on how clever doomglobe is, despite that fact that I wouldn't have recognized the second picture if it hadn't had a helpful file name.

Carry on.


Can you for a kind word.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up