Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannibal Blog  (Read 17269 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Cannibal Blog
« on: April 17, 2006, 04:49:42 pm »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/15/national/main1501163_page2.shtml

Of note:

Quote
nvestigators searched his apartment after he aroused their suspicions at a checkpoint, and found a large plastic tub in a bedroom closet. According to a police affidavit, he confessed that he killed Jamie Rose Bolin, telling FBI agents: "Go ahead and arrest me. She is in there. I chopped her up."

Underwood also joked about cannibalism on his online diary, discussed the effects of not taking his anti-depression medication and mentioned "dangerously weird" fantasies.

Quote
He said one of his main interests was the online role-playing game "Kingdom of Loathing," in which stick figures battle one another.

Quote
He wrote that he rarely left his apartment for long stretches, except to go to work and to buy food. "I just sit here at the computer every minute of the day, when I'm not at work. A week or so ago, I spent my day off sitting here at the computer, barely moving from the chair, for 14 hours."

The same could probably be said about me, although for the record I have never been caught dismembering a ten year old girl for the purposes of eating her.  Yeah, I know, lots of qualifiers in that sentence.

Now I'll take those Kingdom of Loathing fights seriously!

You can be the killer's friend on MySpace or read his blog too.

It looks like that news story took ALL of its information from his Blogger profile.  Also, I should point out that "If you were a cannibal what would you wear to dinner?" is not from the killer, but is actually a default Blogger question for profiles.  I've seen that one before, and always thought it was in bad taste (excuse the pun).

Via.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:02:22 pm by jough »
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:59:56 pm »

Someone needs to remind reporters that correlation != causation.  Weirdoes use their computers a lot and play games and such yes.  Some weirdoes are also homicidal fucks.

Some people who appear otherwise are also homicidal fucks.  Should I avoid Republicans and "Focus on the Family" types because Ted Bundy associated with both groups?*


*No, because there are plenty of other reasons not to.

Damn our brains' need for ease of massive amounts of information storage through association!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:05:54 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 05:07:36 pm »

As I understand it, the KoL community is a little shocked by this because he was an active member of the community, a fairly high-powered player, and a regular in one of the biggest social chat channels. A lot of people are scrambling to make it clear that the KoL playerbase doesn't approve of cannibalism, and I believe one of the big community guys is taking up a collection for the family of the victim... it's really sort of heartening and bizarre.

Anyway, why the hell was that a standard Blogger question? "Wackiness?" I mean, tasteless. Gah.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 05:09:23 pm »

Is it wrong that I find people describing that question as "tasteless" sort of vaguely funny?  I am a horrible person.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 05:11:15 pm »

Huh.  He likes Weird Al.  He must be a cannibal.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 05:48:54 pm »

Someone needs to remind reporters that correlation != causation.  Weirdoes use their computers a lot and play games and such yes. 

AND some people who use their computers a lot are NOT weirdos, thank you very much.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 05:50:40 pm »

Well, I hope the KoL people don't have to go very far to distance themselves from cannibalism. That should go without saying. Nice of them to collect for the family, though.

I don't see where anyone is confusing correlation with causation. It seems to me they are just reporting whatever facts they have. Sure, walking upright and breathing oxygen is something every human serial killer does, but those two facts aren't really worth reporting. The lifestyle stuff is interesting, though, and is what differentiates him from most other people.

Fucked up story.

If you spend 14 hours straight sitting in front of your computer and you don't take your anti-depressants for two months, things probably will happen.

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 05:52:54 pm »

AND some people who use their computers a lot are NOT weirdos, thank you very much.

We like to think so don't we.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 05:58:17 pm »

The scary thing about stories like this is, if they keep playing up the games-playing and blogging aspect of it, eventually enough critical mass will appear for actively surveilliing MMORPGs, Blogs, and the web in general for posts and conversations in real time.

Law enforcement has been entrapping pedophiles for years by posing as kids on AOL and now, I;m sure, MySpace. It's just a matter of time before constantly real time surveillance via software becomes possible if stuff like this keeps happening.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 10:57:18 pm »

If you spend 14 hours straight sitting in front of your computer and you don't take your anti-depressants for two months, things probably will happen.

What are you saying?  The worst thing I've ever done to society is to host this forum.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 12:50:07 am »

I made the provisional 'probably' just for you, G. O. D.

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 02:37:22 am »

If you spend 14 hours straight sitting in front of your computer and you don't take your anti-depressants for two months, things probably will happen.

Umm, yeah, you might write a play.

What none of us has said is what all of us are thinking:  who is TOUAMB's "most likely to be secretly psycho?"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 03:07:18 am »

What none of us has said is what all of us are thinking:  who is TOUAMB's "most likely to be secretly psycho?"

Who is TOUAMB's "most likely to be a normal, fucntional member of society who is not at all a geek/nerd?"
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 03:18:03 am »

See the tricky part of that question is the 'secretly', if you force us to choose from the people on here who aren't obviously psycho you don't have that many people left.
It might just be because she suggested it but I'm thinking side_show as the person who occasionally just snaps, kills someone and then hides the body in her basement and continues her life as if nothing ever happened. All just barely managing to hold it together and believe she has a normal life so long as noe one ever, ever goes into the basement.

Cort: That's a trick question right?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 03:22:08 am »

Who is TOUAMB's "most likely to be a normal, fucntional member of society who is not at all a geek/nerd?"

This one's a lot easier:  

I'd vote for AlohaDawg

(Yeah, he is a bit of cheerleader for Christ, but as I understand it, most of you Americans are Jesus nerds, right?  I think he's leading the least shame-based life of all of us anyway.)

As for scary board psycho.. I'm thinking of St. Zartan.  Yeah.  I said it.  Unh huh.  Most missed, and most likely to murder.  It's a double honour.  After all, he did once tell me he work in the dungeon like basement of a library.  (I'm sorry Mr. Q - you're just too obvious a choice)

edit: Doc, I don't know why, but I was just inspired to give you a tiny can... maybe to remind you to keep your fuck*ng mouth shut if you know what's good for you :).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 03:27:02 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up