Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!  (Read 6824 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 07:46:50 pm »

dang. I totally did confuse a falafel and a loofah. I hope nobody got an audio recording of me doing that, which will constantly be played on The Daily Show...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slumpman

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • Freddie Fractions
    • View Profile
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 08:38:31 pm »

I find it astounding how much Li'l Teodor looks identical in size to Regular Teodor, minus the legs. Also the fact that he was wearing the same boot/pant style as a wee tot is sort of worrying. (Unless that's just the way his legs are, in which case aiiiiiiigh)

I always assumed that, as alive stuffed animals, Teodor and the others were "born" the exact same size they are now. Only their intelligences have grown. Is there evidence to support this? I recall a child Lyle all the same size and playing with a gorilla, though i think that was a guest strip and so maybe not canonical
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 08:50:36 pm »

I always assumed that, as alive stuffed animals, Teodor and the others were "born" the exact same size they are now. Only their intelligences have grown. Is there evidence to support this? I recall a child Lyle all the same size and playing with a gorilla, though i think that was a guest strip and so maybe not canonical

Wherein Philippe thinks he might be a little taller.

I also take this strip as evidence that he is five, and not retarded.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 08:56:46 pm »

Stuffed animals don't grow, they just get more and more used as time passes.

I think that Lyle has been used a lot.

Perhaps by a "Darlene?"
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 10:26:46 pm »

We know Teodor was something of a 'foodie' (ugh, I hate that term) but 6 dollars cans of pork and beans? A $300 ladle when one you could pick up at the dollar store would do the job just as well? I've known these sorts of people.

And yes, that derelict is simply asking if the otter has a dollar of his own or maybe perhaps one his mother gave him. Again, I've known homeless beggars to get all strangely specific when asking for money. "like, hey mister you gots some change for coffee mister, mebbe a dollar or one-a them dollar coins mebbe"
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 10:28:21 pm »

I always assumed that, as alive stuffed animals, Teodor and the others were "born" the exact same size they are now. Only their intelligences have grown. Is there evidence to support this? I recall a child Lyle all the same size and playing with a gorilla, though i think that was a guest strip and so maybe not canonical

Well there was the board's birthday although that was more of a "screw you" to us than canon. So how about Téodor's father?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 11:29:21 pm »

We know Teodor was something of a 'foodie' (ugh, I hate that term) but 6 dollars cans of pork and beans? A $300 ladle when one you could pick up at the dollar store would do the job just as well? I've known these sorts of people.

I just assumed that everytime a character has something extravagant, its the ill-gotten gain of gambling with Ray, spent quickly that they might not give the money back to him out of pity first.

As an aside, when the homeless fella was rambling, I didn't get anything sexual out of the rambling, I just... you know, I don't know how the homeless gentlemen are up north in the San Fran area but around here, the homeless often say the same idea two or three slightly different ways in the same sentence. I mean, either they're homeless because they're mentally imbalanced or they've gone mentally imbalanced from BEING homeless, yeah? Just sounded like crazy homeless talk.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

slumpman

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • Freddie Fractions
    • View Profile
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 11:48:54 pm »

Apologies for bringing forced otter... shenanigans to the table. I heard the similar phrase "shake what your momma gave you" inside my head and got carried away! I've changed my mind now, but it wouldn't be the first time an achewood plot has culminated in sexual indecency towards minors


Well there was the board's birthday although that was more of a "screw you" to us than canon. So how about Téodor's father?

I'm not sure what to think of Teodor's family snap. Is it a real photo that he is remembering, or is it one of those imaginary panels that Onstad is fond of using to accompany punchline non-sequitors. But he does mention the fact that he was born, so that's good enough for me.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April 18, 2006 - That cost me three hundred bucks!
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 11:58:56 pm »

Would a homeless person be able to use the MoviePhone Defense?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up