Yeah, so I mentioned in chat a while back that it was 95% likely that I had been selected to go to the Women Playwright International conference in Jakarta and Bali, and today it was 100% confirmed! I have been invited, along with a delegation of nine other Canadians, to attend. A free all expense paid trip to Indonesia? In the middle of Canadian winter? Yes Please!
Has anyone else here ever been to Indonesia? The only connection I have is that my SO's Aunt and Uncle had to pay a huge amount to the Indonesian government to bail out their fucked up son from prison for being a drug mule, and have him shipped back to Canada.
Apart from a huge list of fascinating cultural and artistic offerings, here is a funny out take from the "Attractions" portion of the conference site:
HARD ROCK CAFE
Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta is one of the best HRC in Asia. The atmosphere is totally great and the bands are very good!! The waiters are friendly and the drinks are blasting! It’s located at EX Building, next to Plaza Indonesia.
Smart casual.. sexy is encouraged
Sexy is encouraged! Rawks!
Fuck Yeah! I am doing a little dance around my office!