Seriously, all you other weirdo languages need to learn a new way to deal with adjectives.
"Una lata de crema de afaeitar"
is just a piss-poor way to try to say
"A can of shaving cream."
Come on, Spanish. That's like five extra syllables, Spanish. Nobody is workin' for "la fin de la Semana," they're workin' for the weekend. Sheesh.
Seriously, though, the decline of the neighborhood as an entity with any type of power is kind of a sad thing. They're still around in some places, but modern developments are meant to keep the inhabitants inside their dwelling and not outside interacting with each other. Drive up your twenty feet of driveway into your private garage (Of course you're driving, there aren't stores/shops/restaurants/jobs within walking distance of new houses), and if you absolutely must go outside, for heaven's sake do it in your privacy-fenced backyard and stay the hell away from the front with all those strangers.
Or heck, I've moved over 500 miles for school and 2000 miles for work in the past 5 years, and most of my relationships have continued because I can keep them up online. I don't know my neighbors except by the noises they make. Am I less connected to the people next door because I'm more connected to friends hundereds or thousands of miles away?