Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!  (Read 17197 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2006, 07:23:52 am »

Sushi needs no appliance. It is perfectly acceptable to eat sushi with one's fingers. Fingers make the dunk in soy sauce so much easier (don't dunk the rice, dunk the giraffe. Don't forget what you are seasoning.) (Don't forget to let a drop drip off.)

Chopsticks are okay, but they're really only used by gaijin who don't know what the fuck they're doing, though they're making an effort.

A fork? With sushi? Sorry, Paul, my man, but that's neither Kosher nor Halal. Pretty much? A Hunt's move.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2006, 07:28:35 am »

I wonder if my fake sushi was made by fake Japanese?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2006, 01:56:24 pm »

I wonder if my fake sushi was made by fake Japanese?

It was made by the ghost of Iron Eyes Cody while attempting to infiltrate yet another race/nationality.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2006, 02:19:29 pm »

Zing!

Hey Choop, do you have anything to back up your "use your fingers" stance, or is it just a personal decision you made?  'Cause much of the sushi I eat is absolutely impossible to eat with your hands, unless you want 7 kinds of messy smeared all over you.

Also, to clarify, the sushi I ate was definitely served by the fake Japanese - they totally didn't care that they were actually Indonesian.  They were unapologetic.  But really I care not - it's about quality.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2006, 02:25:24 pm »

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sushi+chopsticks

That's about as close as I can get you right now. Maybe I'll filter through that later.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2006, 02:37:51 pm »

It is definitely normal to eat sushi with the fingers. But apparently also in Japan you are supposed to eat it in one bite, which is impossible in America because of course they make the pieces twice as big. So I wouldn't sweat the food rules of other cultures when you are not eating in their country, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2006, 03:38:53 pm »

It was made by the ghost of Iron Eyes Cody while attempting to infiltrate yet another race/nationality.

That's worth a can. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2006, 04:04:36 pm »

Zing!

Hey Choop, do you have anything to back up your "use your fingers" stance, or is it just a personal decision you made?  'Cause much of the sushi I eat is absolutely impossible to eat with your hands, unless you want 7 kinds of messy smeared all over you.

Also, to clarify, the sushi I ate was definitely served by the fake Japanese - they totally didn't care that they were actually Indonesian.  They were unapologetic.  But really I care not - it's about quality.

Alton says it can be eaten with the fingers and dammit that's good enough for me. Plus then it's easier to avoid accidentally pointed with the chopsticks. Which I understand is a no-no.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2006, 04:18:35 pm »

Also, to clarify, the sushi I ate was definitely served by the fake Japanese - they totally didn't care that they were actually Indonesian.  They were unapologetic.  But really I care not - it's about quality.

One time I was visiting some friends in Boulder and we decided to take mushrooms (me and one person I was visiting).  We then went to one of those really lame Chinese restaraunts where they make the food in front of you on the table (it was lame because it was a chain, the name escapes me right now).  We went with me and my friend tripping, my friends girlfriend and her mom, who would not care that we were tripping, but also did not know, although they new something was up.  We met my friends gf's uncle and new wife at the restaurant.  Well, my friends gf and her mom went in ahead of us, while I parked the car.  Me and my friend walked in later, and instantly everything looked like mirrors to me.  The waitress was hell of weirded out by us, and I used this chance to act real strung out.  I said something to the effect of "Hey man, we are meeting some cats" really slow.  She had no idea what we were talking about, obviously, and let us back to look for the people we were meeting.  Then we got to the table, and the uncle and new aunt were from Texas, and I am from Oklahoma, so they tried to make some conversation with me about that, but it was just not working.  My friends gf was a vegetarian (Still is, along with me and the friend now), and asked for friend rice with no chicken (apparently there was no plain fried rice).  Anyways, me and my friend and his gf end up getting in an argument with the uncle for what seemed like an eternity.  Basically, since this story is going nowhere, the chef was Mexican, but trying to pull of Chinese I guess.  I laughed about this and asked the guy about it, but apparently this is not something you are supposed to do because it is rude.  I had no idea.  Also, sitting within 2 feet of a grill top when you are on a drug that makes you hotter than usual anyways is a horrible idea.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2006, 10:09:15 pm »

Hint: almost no story about dropping mushrooms is as interesting to others as it was to you.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2006, 10:17:02 pm »

Quote from: V-Adore
Hint: almost no story about dropping mushrooms is as interesting to others as it was to you.

Though carriages between paragraphs would not hurt the effort.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2006, 12:42:39 am »

Though carriages between paragraphs would not hurt the effort.

See, that just makes me think of a convenient outline format for all anecdotes involving drug use:

1. Drug Used
   A. Sub-Anecdote About Choice Of Drug And Acquisition Thereof
   B. Sub-Anecdote About Typical Partners For This Drug Use
2. Explanation of Situation To Be Enlivened By Drug Use
   A. Sub-Anecdote About Acquaintances Not Informed
   B. Sub-Anecdote About Coincidental Factor That Added To The Hilarity
3. Main Body Of Anecdote Concerning Perception Shifts Caused By Drugs
   A. Exclamation Concerning Relative Quality Of High Compared To Other Drug Incidents
4. Explanation Of Exactly How This Is Relevant
5. Apology For Length Of Anecdote
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2006, 12:45:55 am »

Sorry, I am on drugs and sleep deprivation right now.  I have said this alot, probably because of the fact that I am.  Let me say it again, I have cramming for a ridiculous amount of time with absolutely no sleep.  I am sorry about all these pointless posts, but when I cram I am by my computer.  Then, when I take breaks, I came here.  It is a vicious cylce.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2006, 01:35:56 am »

One time, during a closed-eye visual, I saw an animation of a beautifully drawn, comically overweight clown, drawn in pencil on a dirty, stained, and ripped piece of white construction paper which was the field of my mind's vision.  He walked with a comic, bouncing stride with his belly swaying from side to side as he entered the frame from stage left.  He stopped at nearly the center of the frame, but not the exact center, and looked straight up towards the sky as he let out a painful scream with no sound accompanying the agony.  Then, while screaming, the black oval of his open mouth began to expand slowly while every piece of pencil lead that made up his design was sucked up to the heavens as if it was being vacuumed by God.  Faster and faster, pixel by pixel, his pieces ascended up this asymptote and were sucked out of the frame until he had vanished completely and I opened my eyes.  The entire animation lasted about 6 seconds.

I apologize for telling this story.  Now, I too must study for a final.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Shit! I'm going to Indonesia!
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2006, 01:48:02 am »

The coolest visuals I have ever gotten was about 3 hours before that story when a forest was breathing.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up