Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Poll

Will you be purchasing A Wonderful Tale?

Yes
- 10 (45.5%)
No
- 6 (27.3%)
I'll have you know the comedic final option doesn't work very well here
- 6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: April 25, 2006, 12:04:24 am


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Wonderful Tale.  (Read 2157 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
A Wonderful Tale.
« on: April 22, 2006, 12:04:24 am »

While I would dearly, dearly love this (illustrations), I still rely on my lousy parents for most basic human needs, including money.

Will you fine, rich people be procuring a printing?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 12:27:04 am »

I'm afraid not to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: A Wonderful Tale.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 01:36:10 am »

I fear the DEATH SOUND, ergo yes.
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Re: A Wonderful Tale.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 03:15:06 am »

I purchased it, but I am slightly miffed that it is six bucks for basically a 24 page 'zine, 22 pages of which (sans illustrations, granted) were available on the blog.  I have been waiting for a wonderful tale for a while now, in the hopes that it would be a novelette-length thing of wonder and beauty.  This is still pretty cool, despite the fact that with shipping it's like ten bones for a bunch of xeroxed pages.

Also I was sad that nice pete would not personalize-- so when I ordered volume six I asked that nice pete be somehow included.

Also: despite my whining, I love this comic and i love nice pete and my petty whinging should not be taken in such a way that a dude will say such as "then don't buy it ass-face" or "stop complaining about things that you get for free."
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: A Wonderful Tale.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 08:42:34 am »

Long story short, I am going to buy the book.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 02:11:46 pm »

Yeah, I don't really see why not ... since I like the book and it would be a funny thing to lend a friend. I just don't think I'll buy it now; I'll wait 'till there's something else I want, too, and combine to save on shipping. Because.

(Also Happy Birthday Roast Beef; yes I put that on my calender shut up)
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: A Wonderful Tale.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 09:07:11 pm »

I kind of want to buy it and then leave it at the local coffeeshop on the table and watch people's reactions as they thumb through it.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: [1]   Go Up