Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!  (Read 4736 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:39:36 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04242006

Not much funny going on in this one. I guess it's more of a "plot-advancing" comic. Gotta wonder if an Ultra Peanut reunion is in the works, though!

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:43:58 am »

Also, the barge. As far as Onstad's vehicle artwork goes, I gotta rank that below Ray's Escalade, but above Vlad's Datsun. Am I saying I would rather ride a trash-covered barge than a Datsun? I will let you decide.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:09:03 am »

I am fascinated by the contrast of the obviously american hobo and the word 'ken' which I always love.
Phillipe is still looking a bit worse for wear.
I though ultrapeanut was from japan?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:35:50 am »

hm.

I really did not like it. I am not really sure why.

I do not like this hobo fellow. He is too initially friendly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 11:15:42 am »

I though ultrapeanut was from japan?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03192002
(alt-text)

I really like this one if only because I will enjoy assimilating the expression "all ... same as what", and I love the implication that China is having a couch shortage.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 11:20:07 am »

I really like this one if only because I will enjoy assimilating the expression "all ... same as what", and I love the implication that China is having a couch shortage.

Well why do you think they always sit on the floor? I'm sure they'd rather do a tea ceremony over a nice Shaker coffee table while seated on an Aztec-print castoff sofa. It'd look just like a morning TV news show's set circa 1993.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 11:46:10 am »

hm.

I really did not like it. I am not really sure why.

I do not like this hobo fellow. He is too initially friendly.

I don't think this fellow is a Hobo. I'm thinking that he works at the Transfer Station. He looks a little healthier than the rest and he looks like he has a worker's jumpsuit on. And he said "We'n sell 'em to China..." "We" as in the Transfer Station? Plus look at that face, that is a silly happy face full of yay. Look at that smile and those crows feet. Crows feet happen due to too much smiling. This man has smiled all his life. He is no hobo. I rest my case!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 12:03:17 pm »

I kinda like this guy, although the facial hair gives off a slightly Nice Pete vibe. I'm still of the mindset that nothing too horrible will happen to Philippe (especially given how family-friendly Achewood is), and this is just the beginning/middle of another unpredictably odd storyline. Of course, I say this now and next week features Ray eating some fresh otter from one of his "guys".

Actually, while I like Philippe I think that'd be a pretty funny storyline ... they could even have a return to Hell when Ray finds out he ate Philippe and his conscience turns him vegan, so he chokes on another Tofutti-Cutie and dies. Or maybe he goes to Heaven and finds Philippe and brings him back to Earth.

Or maybe I just need to get more sleep at night.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 12:30:33 pm »

The barge evokes in me a great feeling of dread.  I thought it was all OK now, that Philippe had a handle on all the creepy people at the dump and everything would be OK.  Foolish, foolish me.

As I recall Ultra Peanut appeared to speak Chinese.  Also, tea ceremony is Japanese.  It's just as easy to keep these things straight, people.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

vagittarius

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 01:38:17 pm »

Phillipe is going to get onto that barge and then the storm comes.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 02:21:56 pm »

He's going to swashbuckle his way onto the barge, hit some junkie-pirates over the head with his sheriff's scepter and then grab his couch and live happily ever after yay!

Actually wait, he'll ride the barge all-the way to china, after becoming the leader of the Junkie-Pirates by besting their leader in scrabble and he'll be reunited with ultra-peanut, but then he'll have to win the approval of her father by journeying up a mountain and slaying a Dragon.  But instead of beating the dragon with brawn he uses his wits see?  And he convinces the dragon to part with one of its scales as proof.

I bet you I'm right about all of it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:45:50 pm by FlipConstantine »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 03:00:34 pm »

What is "y'ken?"
Logged
ACHIEVE

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 03:03:41 pm »

I read "y'ken?" as "you keen?" or "Do you understnad?" but the lack of a second "E" has me thinking otherwise now.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 03:12:12 pm »

Ken the noun means "insight or understanding."  Ken as a verb means to have an understanding of something. So "y'ken" means "you ken?" like "You understand?"

Education.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 03:16:36 pm »

Thank you, good sirs.  I have never heard that word, I suppose it is a hobo word.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up