Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!  (Read 4734 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 03:27:03 pm »

Thank you, good sirs.  I have never heard that word, I suppose it is a hobo word.

It is very common among Scottishners and grim Northern England types. I suppose in your eyes England is too small to have a north, but I can assure you it does. It is a shameful place.

Phillipe made it through the worst of the transfer station alive!

That's kind of saddening.



« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:38:40 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 03:32:19 pm »

That dude isn't a Hobo.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 03:58:11 pm »

It is very common among Scottishners and grim Northern England types. I suppose in your eyes England is too small to have a north, but I can assure you it does. It is a shameful place.

It also shows up a lot in The Boroque Cycle. In fact this is the first I'd heard the term outside of that book so I thought it was an archaic expression.

Also, I was in C-ville for the weekend and I forgot to check ahead of time if anybody from the board would be around as well. I am sorry about this.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 04:54:09 pm »

I approve of this fellow's nose.  It is bulbous and amusing.  To the rest of the strip, however, I give an emphatic "Meh."  But at least I learned a new word.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Cynicar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 05:12:33 pm »

Maybe it is just my attention span, but I am sincerely bored with this arc.  The parts with Emeril, Beef, and the extraneous Teodor, I find somewhat entertaining.  But Phillipe just isn't cutting it for me here. 

Nor is that worker dude.  Though his vocabulary is impressive.
Logged
That's like comparin' a lunatic to a pissed man with goals.

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 05:22:17 pm »

I dunno, I kind of liked this one.  The art in the last panel is great.  With regards to the arc, I like the way it's timed, with all the creepy cliffhangers that turn out to be anticlimaxes.

And even though I'd of course love to see something happen that would permanently change everyone involved in the strip, I wouldn't be too angry if the whole thing turned out to be a tempest in a teapot, either.  I mean, that's how most childhood adventures are (at least, the ones that don't get you killed and buried under some moldy leaves in a ditch).

Post modified: does anyone else think the worker-guy looks scarily like Tigger?
Logged
um

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 05:32:41 pm »

Post modified: does anyone else think the worker-guy looks scarily like Tigger?

Speaking of Tigger, this week, Pooh got a star on the Hollywood walk of fame.  Bear is getting a star, how can that be???
Logged
ACHIEVE

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 06:50:20 pm »

Also, I was in C-ville for the weekend and I forgot to check ahead of time if anybody from the board would be around as well. I am sorry about this.

Centreville?  Charlottesville?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 07:04:03 pm »

Centreville?

"A Real Nice Place to Raise Your Kids Up!"
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 07:25:43 pm »

Centreville?  Charlottesville?

Charlottesville."Townies Now 67% Less Goth!"
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 08:23:33 pm »

*****_God: Big American Party! Everybody dancing!

man. I realized, the only way I can know what the word "ken" means is if I read it in a scottish accent.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 09:43:27 pm »

The thought of an arc on Ultra Peanut's home turf is too delightful to contemplate. So I won't.

The couch-barge is sort of an... underwhelming visual, truthfully. I guess I was hoping for something with more majesty.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 24 2006 - Yer'n a funny li'l feller, pip-squeak!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 11:11:30 pm »

#####_God: Big American Party! Everybody dancing!

Nice Clerks cartoon reference.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up