also: you FOOL the Red Sox are the only team that matters in professional sports.
Ironically, I am a Red Sox fan. I feel I need to come clean. I am from the middle of the country, with the closest professional sports teams being the ones in Dallas. I hate Texas, so I had to pick my own teams. My dad is from Boston, so I have been a Red Sox fan for the last 20 years. However, one of my roommates is in the same situation, but his dad is from New York, and a Mets fan. Therefore, I watch a lot of Mets and Sox games. I have always dug the Sox, and still do. However, while still good, the team has a lot of lame players on it this year. I mean besides Varitek, Ortiz and Ramirez I really don't like anyone on their team. Well Coco is alright, but I hate Schilling and the new players they got from Florida. Their middle infield is lame as well. Plus, after they won the Series, alot of "fans" around my campus have been wearing Sox hats. Not cool.
Now, the Sox are still my team, but in the NL I am now a fairly new Mets fan (last two years). Reyes, Wright, Floyd and Delgado are all classic, and I will always love Pedro. I really like their minor league outfielder Diaz, who got in some games last year, and, really, the only player I don't like is Wagner. I guess I route for the Red Sox and a team from the NL with the coolest players. It just so happens that it is the Mets this year. RED SOX JUST SCORED ORTIZ RBI- Anyways, Keith Hernandez is one of the coolest first basemen ever, and I played 1st base in high school. Plus, liking the Mets goes along with another thing I hold true, hating the yankees.
As previously mentioned, Hernandez saw a woman who is like the team masseuse in the dug out. He then said:
"Who is the girl in the dugout, with the long hair? What's going on here? You have got to be kidding me. Only player personnel in the dugout." After Hernandez was informed later in the broadcast that Calabrese was a club employee, he maintained his position, stating "I won't say that women belong in the kitchen, but they don't belong in the dugout."
He then apologized by saying:
"You know I am only teasing. I love you gals out there — always have."
Hernandez was also a cocaine user and a chain smoker. He smoked two and a half packs of cigarettes during game 6 of the 1986 NLCS (where my signature comes from). I am also a chain smoker, and have had a past with the white, so it makes me like him more I guess. He also does broadcasting for the mets nerwork (where those quotes above came from) and always talks about getting drunk and whatnot.
Classy guy.