Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!  (Read 23223 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 10:06:23 am »

Man, for like the past year I've been wishin' that I was born 60 years earlier, so I could have been one of them WWII fighter pilots.  All flyin' round, firin' missiles.  Wearin' a headset.

Did they have headsets then?  Hmm.  I guess we'll never know...

man, i don't want to bring you down, but like. that was a crappy time. you know? hitler, atom bombs, the ENTIRE WORLD AT WAR, japanese internment, tom hanks all constantly looking for private ryan.

oh, and then when it was over, like, the 50s: segregation, korea, mccarthy, pat boone, the dawn of instant food, having to live through the endless pathetic hell that was your kids in the 60s, all of that.

oh, and then you vote for reagan. because you're old and scared and he seems, you know. just like you.

besides, they have way cooler headsets now. an excellent example of how far headsets have come can be located by typing "airwolf" into youtube. i'm talking automatic black visor lowering, here. that is the Stuff.

have i been up all night studying for finals? i have. forgive me for being ornery.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 11:26:16 am »

Usually I'd be going to bed about now, or maybe a little before now, but since this is New Schedule time I just got up about a half an hour ago, attended to some affairs, and read Achewood while my email was downloading.

This strip, and then nearly all of your responses felt much funnier to me at this time of day, in my current condition (in which I delight) than any of it ever does at 4AM when I had been up all day and kinda grumpy and worn down.

Viva los morning readings.

Also, as soon as I saw the "targeting" screen I figured it would try to shoot at Philippe, but then seeing those last two panels (especially the fffffffffssssssshhhhhhhhh sound effect, which is exactly what Airwolf missles should sound like) made me laugh out loud.

AND GOOD DAY TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE.  HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING TODAY.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 11:33:09 am »

good lord!
Phillipe!
I am terrified.
Ray better get his ass on that laser, or I am not being his friend any more.
I will give him such a slap!
Come here and get your slap, Ray!


I will slap him so hard that he will almost lose it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 11:35:03 am »

Laughed out loud; it's mostly the idea of... you know? "Accidentaly shot missile"... that's always a winner. Am loving this last arc, I am.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 12:01:01 pm »

Goddammit, I know 'Stad is just teasing me.. making me wish that missle was going to hit... hit all to hell.

But I know later the otter will be fine and all dancing with cake.


That fuck*ng dancing cake.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 12:38:09 pm »

I think my favorite thing here is that so far everyone is way more interested in the dialouge stylings than the fact that Ray just shot a missile at Phillipe.


Well of course we must think of ANYTHING BUT THAT.

I'd have gone with "I feel like I'm tryin' to set the time on a cheap oven."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 12:47:58 pm »

I love how today's strip insinuates that Ray hasn't really looked at the manual before Teodor came along.

"Let's see ... 'look for stuff', that'd be under 'L' in the back ... naw, shit, maybe 'find stuff'? COMPUTER, TELL ME HOW TO FIND STUFF. Damn, that didn't work. Oh, hold on, the computer here has Pong on it? Man, we could have some hella old school computer parties up here, all with Pong and drinking Jolt Cola and listenin' to Kraftwerk."
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 12:50:01 pm »

I actually predict that's some OTHER otter in a cooler floating just offshore.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 01:18:11 pm »

it is the correct missile. It will have a grappleing hook at the end of it, etc.

also: this reminds me of a beautiful time. A time when I was in Switzerland, and the family I was staying with kept complaining about their German Oven, on which they could not figure out how to set the time.
while a teacher tried to translate the German instruction manual, I figured out that if I held down the button which said something like "Das Klock" (or whatever the Deutsche word for Clock is), I could type in the correct time. They were so impressed with this.

I'm going to get a Tattoo of phillipe dancing on a cake, just for Q.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 01:22:39 pm »

good lord!
Phillipe!
I am terrified.
Ray better get his ass on that laser, or I am not being his friend any more.
I will give him such a slap!
Come here and get your slap, Ray!


I will slap him so hard that he will almost lose it.

So, what, you're just slapping anyone now?!




Ray's Angry Eyebrows are excellent in panel 10.  But there is a slight problem with this strip: Philippe is not a member of the otter species.  He is a member of the stuffed otter species.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 01:37:16 pm »

Airwolf is sophisticated enough to make that distinction and know what Ray meant to ask for.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 02:00:01 pm »

it is the correct missile. It will have a grappleing hook at the end of it, etc.

Dammit TI, you took my response. Airwolf's missles are like Green Arrows arrows.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 03:34:43 pm »

FUUUUUCCCCKKK YEAAAAH!

Of course, we all know Ray's finger just 'slipped'. That sly old dog cat.

Tomorrow: Will Phillipe escape the cooler before the missile hits? Let's hope not!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 03:52:21 pm »

Tomorrow: Chicken!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 03:55:47 pm »

By "tomorrow," of course, you mean WE RETURN THURSDAY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up