Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!  (Read 23174 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 12:37:12 am »

I feel compelled to watch Family Guy because I liked the first seasons so much, but the new episodes just get worse and worse.  I just watched the newest episode and I only laughed a single time.

American Dad is probably better right now, but that's not saying much.  That show gets points for Patrick Stewart.  "Weird stuff... butt stuff."
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 02:26:16 am »

Family Guy and American Dad are both horrible.  I think Southpark pretty much proved why.

Speaking of t.v., I am watching this show on the Animal Planet called The Secret Life of Otters.  While watching it, it dawned on me that otters can swim (like a thing you know but overlook).  So why did Philippe take the cooler?  Is he too young to go swimming that far, or is he a real stuffed animal while Ray, etc. are real cats?  I am kind of confused.  It is a real otter based on a stuffed animal, right?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 05:10:21 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 02:36:43 am »

or is he a real stuffed animal while Ray, etc. are real cats?  I am kind of confused.  It is a real otter based on a stuffed animal, right?

They're CATS?

(The stoning commences.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2006, 03:19:38 am »

They're CATS?

(The stoning commences.)

Now I am more confused.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2006, 03:49:09 am »

My theory would be that, as a river otter, he is really only prepared for rivers, not... large bodies of water of some time.

For a river otter to graduate up to large body of water otter, he'd need at-least training by Lou Ferigno.

Which, at five, would probably kill him faster than a missle.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2006, 05:12:20 am »

My theory would be that, as a river otter, he is really only prepared for rivers, not... large bodies of water of some time.



Yea, I just got home from school and ran, then saw that on T.V. real quick while checking some things on the internet.  I never thought of the specs of otter swimming.  Damn.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2006, 12:46:12 pm »

Sigh.

Philippe is an alive stuffed animal. If I recall correctly he was purchased at the Monterey Bay Aquarium so I would presume he is a sea otter, not a river otter.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2006, 01:01:09 pm »

Guys, remember, we're talking about Philippe here. Philippe is five. He probably just didn't think to swim, especially since he's delirious and all.

Remember which comic we're reading: the one about the depressed dogs and the retarded otter.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2006, 01:27:05 pm »

Guys, remember, we're talking about Philippe here. Philippe is five. He probably just didn't think to swim, especially since he's delirious and all.

Remember which comic we're reading: the one about the depressed dogs and the retarded otter.

Can Philippe swim? Onstad likes to ignore the early strips in terms of continuity but A Curious Therapy seems to imply that he doesn't dig on water.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2006, 01:34:05 pm »

or maybe he can't swim all the way to China?

also: Come on people! His dad died! There was no one to teach him to swim!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2006, 09:45:52 pm »


Are those avatar 'staches new?  I hope Keith's hell of 'stache played some part in this.

Edit:  They are all over the place.  WTF?  Still, I just hope I had something to do with this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:52:50 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2006, 10:56:23 pm »

it is a tribute to mustaches.
it started here, roughly, when mr Flip said that he would use one of the mustache pictures as his avatar.



Well, I was still ahead of the trend.  It was like in high-school, when I was wearing aviator sunglasses and trucker caps sophmore year and getting made fun of.  Then, junior year that Kutcher show that I can't think of the name of right now came out and everybody at my high school was doing it.  fuck*ng assholes.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2006, 12:02:03 am »

It was like in high-school, when I was wearing aviator sunglasses and trucker caps sophmore year and getting made fun of.

Thankfully I have never seen anybody in either of these in real life (well in last 10 years anyway). Last month I saw my first popped collar and actually laughed at the guy. He either thought I was laughing at something else or used to the reaction.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2006, 12:19:07 am »

oh my god, really? where you are, people don't pop the collar?

I guess it's a thing which would be more prevalent at southern prep schools.

have you seen the layered popped collars?

a friend of mine once layered 3 popped collars. people thought she had "finally gotten some fashion sense!" and complimented her, not realizing that she was making fun of them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up