Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!  (Read 23213 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2006, 06:16:30 pm »

I googled all over ebay but I couldn't find a single picture of that Levi's Three-Legged Jeans commercial from SNL. I thought that would be a valuable addition to the current discussion.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2006, 06:25:27 pm »

When we were feeling rebellious we wore the animal skins fur side IN.  Little did we know that our youthful exuberance would lead to a remarkable discovery re: radiant heat retention!

No dude, that's what WE did. You guys before us actually just backcombed your body hair when you wanted to act out.

Man, that shit was stupid and annoying in the 80's.  You're telling me that assholes are still doing it?   Man.

Word.

You guys look just like rich dicks from my High School! Right on!

What's next, you get all original and start wearing unstructured poplin jackets over pastel t-shirts and no socks?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2006, 06:27:19 pm »

In the parlance of our times, "G" has become synonymous with "gangster," in the urban sense.  Additionally, "O.G." means "original gangster," used to reference a person who has been a G since small times.

See also: Rap stars

Among youths in Britain the shorterning of a word to 'G' is more synonymous with the term 'gay', causing great hilarity among said youths when urban acts such as 'G Unit' (Gay Unit) are referred to. Indeed, in modern Britain it is best to keep up on the slang; many an American tourist has fallen victim to a gang of young adults, innocently asking if they were a bunch of 'Gs'.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2006, 09:08:44 pm »

Among youths in Britain the shorterning of a word to 'G' is more synonymous with the term 'gay', causing great hilarity among said youths when urban acts such as 'G Unit' (Gay Unit) are referred to. Indeed, in modern Britain it is best to keep up on the slang; many an American tourist has fallen victim to a gang of young adults, innocently asking if they were a bunch of 'Gs'.

And then those same tourists got all twitchy when the BritTeens started talking about "craving a fag" like it was no big deal.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2006, 09:23:42 pm »

I'm so late on this thread I'd be embarassed if I had that capacity.

But I just wanted to point out that 'stad isn't the first man in science to create Airwolf humor in vitro:
http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2006, 10:35:30 pm »

But I just wanted to point out that 'stad isn't the first man in science to create Airwolf humor in vitro:
http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/.

Damn...I looked at that for so long and it never hit me. I don't understand or even slightly get it. It went SO far over my helmet.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2006, 11:29:37 pm »

Damn...I looked at that for so long and it never hit me. I don't understand or even slightly get it. It went SO far over my helmet.

Did you listen to the "Airwolf" track?  It is pretty funny.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2006, 03:55:10 am »

Did you listen to the "Airwolf" track?  It is pretty funny.

Now all is clear, thanks. I don't know how I missed that. Twas funny indeeed!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2006, 09:36:53 am »

Among youths in Britain the shorterning of a word to 'G' is more synonymous with the term 'gay', causing great hilarity among said youths when urban acts such as 'G Unit' (Gay Unit) are referred to.

You see, this does nothing to dissuade me of my "British Slang Is Pretend" theory.

It does not dissuade at all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2006, 04:11:18 pm »

You see, this does nothing to dissuade me of my "British Slang Is Pretend" theory.

It does not dissuade at all.

Crack a banana, dove! Our wordtalk ain't sitting on no pond, yer gabbin'? Breeze, you cappers have no spring in yer 'ead. Rap you all, that's the ticket.   
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2006, 04:14:23 pm »

many an American tourist has fallen victim to a gang of young adults, innocently asking if they were a bunch of 'Gs'.

well i gotta tell you i had to think a moment when the nice "bloke" in the pub asked me if i had a fag.

it all worked out ok when i left with his girl and we made out on the nottingham city hall steps until dark and then wandered around the city all night while she told me about how old she was and how long she'd been addicted to acid and how her dead grandma's blanket protected her at night while she slept until i convinced the doorman at the Y to let me bring her in so she could sleep and then i walked her to the bus terminal at dawn and gave her my favorite shirt.

so, what i'm saying is, brits got fucked up kids, yo.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2006, 04:16:14 pm »

Crack a banana, dove! Our wordtalk ain't sitting on no pond, yer gabbin'? Breeze, you cappers have no spring in yer 'ead. Rap you all, that's the ticket.   
Sorry, old man, we just don't understand your banter.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2006, 04:38:13 pm »

Crack a banana, dove! Our wordtalk ain't sitting on no pond, yer gabbin'? Breeze, you cappers have no spring in yer 'ead. Rap you all, that's the ticket.   

It's like that old cartoon where the dead hipster is telling his life story to Peter. Only Peter imagines all of the slang literally because he doesn't understand it.
Logged

calydon

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2006, 03:12:09 am »

I'm so late on this thread I'd be embarassed if I had that capacity.

But I just wanted to point out that 'stad isn't the first man in science to create Airwolf humor in vitro:
http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/.

In fact he isn't even the first webcartoonist to do the bit about bidding for Airwolf:

http://www.iamjamie.com/index.php?date=2005-12-11
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2006, 03:53:41 am »

Everything you could ever write has already been written, they say.

Even this: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2776.msg65209.html#msg65209
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up