Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Seats, Buddy!  (Read 7118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 01:46:06 pm »

I'll play deep right field, just like when I was the only girl in little league! I had little to do put pick dandelions, and that was fine with me.

*Envisions Touambies in the uniforms designed by Buddy in that kids in the hall sketch, shudders*
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 02:13:24 pm »

Oh man.. teams?

I'll just be.. uh.. I'll be in the refreshment booth.. serving drinks...  laced with drugs.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 02:49:13 pm »

Football was great, I got to play on TV (Cable, really) in places like Auburn, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Cal, Arkansas, Tennessee, Hawaii.

What year would this have been?  I might have been at that game in Auburn*.

Though I never played sports at all, and in fact hated them almost through high school, I know exactly that feeling you speak of when things are just working.  It's even better when you get that feeling along with someone else and suddenly you feel like you're on this plane together and you're unstoppable.  I imagine that the better offensive and defensive lines feel like this quite a bit.

*I hope you didn't play for Fresno State if this is true.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 04:23:05 pm »

I'll play deep right field, just like when I was the only girl in little league! I had little to do put pick dandelions, and that was fine with me.

I'll fight you for it.  (You'll probably win; I am tiny, and you mentioned that you enjoy weightlifting.)

But, yes, I played softball for five years.  Clearly this is why I dig both ladies and fellows, and attend a single-sex school.  I shudder to think what would have happened if I had stuck with the sport!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 05:03:21 pm »

'89 and we got whacked badly. I think Auburn finished in the top 5 that year and we...didn't. I sacked Reggie Slack once and pressured him into a pick another time, also stuffed James Joseph for a two yard loss on the goal line, so it was fun for me personally.

That was before my time, though my sister was in school then.  I know those names.  Just feel glad that you weren't on the Fresno State team that played the first home game I was there for a few years later -- they were beaten 63-3.  By the end even the student section kind of felt bad about cheering.

Quote
We were in the first home game after the stadium remodel and expansion to ~93k seats. It was neat to play there 'cause the house was packed. We had to land in Atlanta and bus 2 hrs. down to a Best Western hotel. Seemed like there was nothing out there but trees and red clay ponds, until we bussed into the stadium on game day and the parking lot was a sea of campers and RV's, all flag draped with people standing on 'em, every one with a beverage in one hand and the other making a rude gesture at us while they all screamed. It was no different in the house, little kids ran down to the endzone to mock us during warmups and tell us what wussies we were. During the game the fans would get so spun up the place would throb with sound. It was really cool when you'd do something like I mentioned above and the whole place would go ssshhhhhh for a beat or two before winding up again.

God damn.  EXACTLY.  That is EXACTLY what I miss about gamedays.  Those campers and RVs would start getting to campus for the "prime" spots on Wednesday, and we'd walk through retirees and vacationers cooking out on our way to and from class.  A thousand grills cooking a thousand meals after the game, because the smart people knew better than to try to drive anywhere.  The energy people had on any given game day... it was palpable.  Wow.

And yeah, because the college came before the interstate and the major roads leading to it, those roads almost by definition bypass anything interesting.  I think there's a Wal-Mart and a car dealership there now, which kind of proves that point.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 05:23:14 pm »

You know my ex boss, not the mullethead one, the other one, the engineer that called me incompetent.  The one that thinks Texas isn't in the south.  Yeah, that one, she went to Auburn.  She was especially insufferable when they won a couple of years ago.  I developed a deep seated hatred of Auburn because of that fuck*ng cunt.

Also, aside from my bitching and moaning, that was a pretty cool thread.  We got to meet the Inevitible.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 07:26:05 pm »

yeah, I remember being so confused. so confused.

swinehund-- I'm glad that you clarified with "against the wall."At first reading, I became slightly worried that maybe it wasn't normal that I couldn't do a handstand.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 07:50:30 pm »

Oh man.. teams?

I'll just be.. uh.. I'll be in the refreshment booth.. serving drinks...  laced with drugs.


yeah um can I help?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 08:46:49 pm »

Sure.. you can handle the drinks... I'll take the drugs.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 10:29:10 pm »

swinehund-- I'm glad that you clarified with "against the wall."At first reading, I became slightly worried that maybe it wasn't normal that I couldn't do a handstand.

I think it's normal. At least, I hope so. I just figured out how to do them last week, in the hallway (having a second wall close by is very helpful).
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 10:36:38 pm »

I am For Real imagining someone kind of bouncing back and forth, upside down, in a hallway. After a few minutes of loud thumping noises-- "*pant pant* Honey, come here! look! *thump* Damnit!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 10:46:31 pm »

I am For Real imagining someone kind of bouncing back and forth, upside down, in a hallway. After a few minutes of loud thumping noises-- "*pant pant* Honey, come here! look! *thump* Damnit!"

I don't know where you planted that hidden camera, but I want it out of my apartment NOW.

You... didn't see any of that swiss ball stuff, did you?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 11:17:22 pm »

those are those things for working out, right?

I don't know. I'll check the tapes later.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 11:34:15 pm »

Sure.. you can handle the drinks... I'll take the drugs.

Quit taking all the drugs!
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Great Seats, Buddy!
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 11:39:23 pm »

those are those things for working out, right?

I don't know. I'll check the tapes later.

Yes, for working out. Definitely for working out.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up