Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: May 3, 2006: POUF  (Read 8043 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pez

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 05:43:09 pm »

Here, I made a simplified version just for you:

Do we get a new Freezepop song?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 06:07:36 pm »

Some stuff that was awesome.

A can! A can for the man!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 06:20:36 pm »

Ebay orchestrated the entire thing, keith moon's head has been controlling airwolf this entire time. When the phillipe-coors-lite-cyborg rises from the ocean to fight keith-moon-airwolf, it will be an epic battle and probably half of tokyo will be crushed in the process.

Damn, poor Tokyo is always getting Sci-Fi-Shafted.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 06:49:31 pm »

Do we get a new Freezepop song?
No ... sadly, I have neither boobs nor electronic drums. :-[
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2006, 07:22:26 pm »

hm.
I keep reading that as "Ebony orchestrated the entire thing"
and I think "why do they hate Phillipe? Did he make a racist joke one time that I didn't notice?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 07:35:29 pm »

hm.
I keep reading that as "Ebony orchestrated the entire thing"
and I think "why do they hate Phillipe? Did he make a racist joke one time that I didn't notice?"

Phillipe is basically a dude who thinks the President of Mexico has a dirt floor on his plane and eats tacos. 'Teodor, why are black people so dirty?' doesn't sound too far off, most unfortunately. The innocence of youth. Sigh.

After examining the strip, I can make a bet that Phillipe isn't dead.

Evidence: No bits of stuffed animal flying everywhere
              No BOOOM (POUF just ain't happening)
              It was Lie Bot all along, and #####s don't die, it seems. (Though they do have a god)
              The Mannlicher-Carcano rockets used could not have been accurate at such a distance

Then again, the LJ feed was titled 'Ray Kills Phillipe', which sounds pretty definitive.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2006, 07:47:50 pm »

DAMN you Judy, I found the sound effects reassuring till I read your post and it made me think.... POUF is the sound of a stuffed animal exploding!

Maybe Philippe will find a girlfriend in Heaven and all will be well?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pez

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2006, 08:25:11 pm »

Then again, the LJ feed was titled 'Ray Kills Phillipe', which sounds pretty definitive.

However, if Philippe is forever gone, then where does Ultra Peanut fit into this? Will her love somehow bring him back from the dead? That's right, fans. What we are seeing is the Achewood equivalent of Matrix 1.

Lie Bot is obviously Cypher.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2006, 08:31:09 pm »

However, if Philippe is forever gone, then where does Ultra Peanut fit into this? Will her love somehow bring him back from the dead? That's right, fans. What we are seeing is the Achewood equivalent of Matrix 1.

Lie Bot is obviously Cypher.
If Philippe really does die, I think we'll see another venture to Heaven/Hell and perhaps even a lead-in to the Molly Creation Story alluded to here.

And chicken.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2006, 08:47:13 pm »

WHO ATE MY DANG NACHOS!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 09:48:32 pm »

here.

And chicken.

That pirate is totally smoking a bubbler, not a pipe.  Damn, now I have to get high, but I have a paper to write.  Onstad and his subtle mind control.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 09:56:12 pm »

If Philippe really does die, I think we'll see another venture to Heaven/Hell and perhaps even a lead-in to the Molly Creation Story alluded to here.

And chicken.

It would mark the first time we've seen a stuffed animal die all the way. Which I why I don't see it happening.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 10:02:17 pm »

Quote from: KeefHernandez
That pirate is totally smoking a bubbler, not a pipe.  Damn, now I have to get high, but I have a paper to write.  Onstad and his subtle mind control.

dude, no

that pirate is stone-cold shooting himself in the mouth.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2006, 10:28:39 pm »

dude, no

that pirate is stone-cold shooting himself in the mouth.
Damn, now I have to commit suicide, but I have a paper to write.  Onstad and his subtle mind control.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: May 3, 2006: POUF
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2006, 10:45:09 pm »

I mean, you should still go get high dude.  Like, for real.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up