Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: One Too Many  (Read 15500 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
One Too Many
« on: May 03, 2006, 04:35:01 pm »

So, I had a realisation as I was watching a little piece of the shitty Stephen King miniseries "Storm of the Century," and that is: we have one too many members.

How do we address this problem?

Writing a little script to grab a random user out of the database, it chose The Mayor himself, carlosdelvaca.

Now, do we just delete The Mayor and pretend he never existed?  That hardly seems fair, with so many more viable options.

SO

I am leaving it up to the membership.  Please state a member that needs to go, and WHY. You can pick someone who has been a PROBLEM.  You can pick an obvious spam account.  You can pick someone who joined in 2003 and has not yet posted (although I think most of them were purged already), or you can pick Paul or Smells.  Pick anyone you want.

Your response does not need to be in the form of a question.

Voting will remain until 12:01AM 6 May 2006, at which point someone will have to go.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 04:39:56 pm »

This is not a healthy exercise.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 04:49:01 pm »

I vote for me, just because I wanted to get in the first punch.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 04:52:49 pm »

I vote for Anon Y. penis, who registered in 2004 and has not posted, and has a stupid name, and doesn't even have anything amusing in his/her/its profile.  But it's the stupid name that really clinches it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 06:08:35 pm »

My vote goes for Lt. Geyser Shitdick; while a relatively recently-registered member of the Zero-Posts Team, his(?) name sufficiently squicks me that he(?) has my vote for going.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 06:11:32 pm »

Don't delete a random person.

Delete all the zero post accounts that haven't posted in a month or two.

Also, is the 'one too many' thing arbitrary or is there actually a reason you want to cap membership at 560?
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 06:14:58 pm »

Yes, I'm also interested in why 561 is one too many.  I could see maybe 501, but 561 seems arbitrary.  Am I missing something from this Stephen King book?

But alas, if you have to, Lt. Geyser Shitdick sounds like a guy I could go my whole life without meeting.  Of course now, this thread will pull him from lurkitude just to defend his honor.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 06:20:12 pm by acoxcae »
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 06:18:32 pm »

I wonder if this is how Stalin's purges started.

Nice Jough is obviously an imperialist plant, here to overthrow our glorious revolution.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 06:28:51 pm »

At least FJ is a real human.

And no, there is nothing special about the number 560.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 06:30:06 pm »

Yes, I'm also interested in why 561 is one too many.  I could see maybe 501, but 561 seems arbitrary.  Am I missing something from this Stephen King book?

But alas, if you have to, Lt. Geyser Shitdick sounds like a guy I could go my whole life without meeting.  Of course now, this thread will pull him from lurkitude just to defend his honor.

I do wonder if this noble cause will backfire if we mention specific individuals.  However, anyone who registered before 2005, hasn't made a single post, and did not bother to fill out their profile is a candidate for account deletion, in my opinion.

But damn, Llamadeus is an awesome username.

EDIT: Also, anyone who has provided an e-mail address should at least be contacted before their account is deleted.  I know this is an oligarchy (perhaps a divine right monarchy?), but it's only fair.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 06:52:21 pm »

I vote for myself, because I'm the guy who sucks.  Plus I got depression.

(actually I would really prefer not to have my account deleted, but I guess if I did it would be no big loss, seeing as how I lurk mostly)
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 06:56:07 pm »

I think granting clemency to basically good dudes who just strayed a little (oball) would be a good idea, but you're the Jough.

I vote for Lt. Geyser Shitdick also. He never responds to my PM's.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 07:08:41 pm »

good gravy, this is a terrifying thing.

I would vote for mr Chris Onstad.

come on, what a jerk. What has he ever contributed? All he does is take take take.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 07:54:24 pm »

Yes, I'm also interested in why 561 is one too many.  I could see maybe 501, but 561 seems arbitrary. 

Come on sillyheads it obvious Jough is just being God's Own Dick.

And noooooo not Ferocious J!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: One Too Many
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 10:43:05 pm »

Arbitrary thinning of the herd is fun, more or less.
What happens if we nominate Jough? Does the board end? Just morbidly curious.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up