Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Doc  (Read 3386 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Happy Birthday Doc
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:11:40 pm »

If Doc was English, it would be his birthday 10 minutes ago, and seeing as we used to own Australia and all.. anyway, Happy Birthday to you Doc, you excellent dude. I hope you get a real good present down-under.

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 12:03:17 am »

Yay Doc!  Happy Birthday to you!

Hopefully you don't wake up drunk in the North Atlantic.  (Or hopefully you do, then I could buy you a beer more feasibly)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 12:12:05 am »

I hope you get a real good present down-under.

Come on.  Come on!  Come on...

Come on.

Anyone?


Also: Happy birfday! 
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 01:03:59 am »

Happy Birthday, Doc!  Your avatars and posts have always amused me.  Consider that cat photograph a crappy gift from me to you.

Have a splendid day!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 03:22:14 am »

Doc, you are good people. Birthday birthday birthday, oi oi oi.

You keep settin' up and I'll keep knockin' 'em back.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 04:00:58 am »

Happy Birthday Doc.  Have a great birthday.  I don't know wnat we could give you, you already live in Australia where the women all look like Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, and Olivia Newton John.  What do you give the guy who has everything?  Have a great day.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 04:30:16 am »

Yeah, Kate Winslet isn't australian.

But Naomi Watts, Kylie Minogue, Miranda Otto, and Natalie Imbruglia are.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 04:56:38 am »

Happy birthday!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 05:11:43 am »

Thankyou kind peoples, although it makes me sound like the saddest thing this thread brightened my day quite a bit, I got uni all day and work tonight and then graveyard shifts again on friday and saturday so it will be at least another week till any kind of partying can mark this wondrous day. Seriously, I'm turning 21 and I'm not going to chug a yard of beer on my birthday, I don't even like beer (Guiness and similar excepted naturally) but i was looking forward to that one.

Judy: Thankyou for the thread startin' and for the complimentin', as of yet my presents are non-existent but I have hope.

Misterqueue: Now that I can finally drink up there this is a tempting offer, and I am impressed if people actually recognise half the names and places in that article.

Flip: Don't worry, I'm seeing my girlfriend tonight briefly, and there might even be time to unwrap some gifts. If you know what I mean. Yeah I mean presents. And shiny paper.

Hobot: As a gift the cat is glorious and shall be treasured always. I shall hang it on my wall, thumbnail sized.

Jough: Ahh the ancient australian birthday chant, invented becuase we forgot the words to happy birthday, how kind of you to address me in my native tongue. You too are good people (and even a half-decent forum owner).

Paul: While Jough is right that we don't actually have Kate winslet (and technically Nicole kidman isn't australian either) it is true that all the women look like them. Natalie Imbruglia is all ours though and you can bet I would eat that with a spoon.

V: It is now ms. V. It is now.

Edit: Yeah i know the party hat is a really crappy cut and paste job, but paint is all we have here at uni.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 05:16:09 am »

Happy Birthday, Doc!
I must say, your avatar's always been one of the best, and now it has THE best moustache.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 05:49:40 am »

Thankyou Roger, but to be honest I cheated.

Edit: linked to the wrong one, ah well, I'm sure you all looked at them in the thread where this originated anyway.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 06:16:22 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 07:11:38 am »

Damn, Happy Birthday, man.

That really sucks having to wait to party on your 21st.  I had to do the same thing a few months ago: the day after my birthday was the first day of school.  It had been my dream since old times to spend the night of the 21st birthday in the casinos, but school had gotten too serious to fuck around with, so I had to postpone the trip to the weekend.

Anyway, the point of the story is that I got hell of lucky gambling, so the same thing will likely happen to you as well.  So, have it good, D!
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 11:03:21 am »

man, happy birthday. birthdays are a time to have a great ol' time, and I hope that is what you're doing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 11:23:24 am »

Happy birthday! If it's any consolation, I didn't get to drink on my 21st either, but I've been making up for it ever since. I'd wrap up a hot aussie starlet for you and put a bow on her for you if I could!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Doc
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 12:15:22 pm »

***** you shouldn't tempt me, I've just come into hells of money (well a few hundos anyway) becuase of a clinical trial thing I did and all my common sense abandons me when I see a roulette wheel.

Thanks inevitable, and I should rescind my earlier bitching, the day didn't actually go too badly after all.

Mite: While the offer is very thoughtful I think my personal aussie starlet would object, besides she has confided to me that she has ordered me a copy of Watchmen for the birthday and I'm pretty sure even Cate Blanchett wouldn't be that thoughtful.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up