Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric razors  (Read 7929 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 06:05:46 pm »

I've recently been seeing ads for a women's vibrating razor. My first thought was, well, not exactly suitable for non-Q minds, but my second thought was: "what is the possible purpose of this product?" Can anyone explain this to those of us who still use analog razors?

Yeah, my first thought is also that it's good for, um, multitasking, for those too embarassed to buy a specialized device.  And I can't come up with a second thought.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 06:14:12 pm »

I was wary at first too, but then I thought about it - it's a little bit like using a serrated knife.  The blades may get stuck in a hair or a particularly dense clump, and the vibrating action sort of cuts through it.  For average shaving, like a lady's legs, it probably does nothing special.  But on my face, after two or three days' growth, it's a serious help - I tested the regular Mach 3 side-by-side against its non-vibrating cousin, and it seriously works.

Initially, I was very concerned about it vibrating straight through my jugular, but I've discovered that's just another unfounded fear.  Come to think of it, that's another question - how are you people cutting yourselves?  I could see if you're using a straight razor, but with safety razors, unless you're dragging it sideways, there's basically no way to do it.  I could see knees, maybe, they're kinda knobbly - but I've got the area around my nose, and the chin, and I've never cut myself.  Maybe I'm just particularly adept.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 06:15:03 pm »

I've recently been seeing ads for a women's vibrating razor. My first thought was, well, not exactly suitable for non-Q minds, but my second thought was: "what is the possible purpose of this product?" Can anyone explain this to those of us who still use analog razors?

I use a vibrating Mach 3 turbo thing made by Gillette. I don't think the effect works quite as they propose (micro pulses raising the hairs!!) it really just makes the razor cut smoother. It seems to glide easier or something. It does seem better than a normal mach 3 though I don't know why.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 06:15:59 pm »

I've recently been seeing ads for a women's vibrating razor. My first thought was, well, not exactly suitable for non-Q minds, but my second thought was: "what is the possible purpose of this product?" Can anyone explain this to those of us who still use analog razors?

Everything thought from my mind is suitable for everyone.

Oh.. maybe not that one...


or that one...

Oooh.. that one's-  I'll uh.. save that for later.

Carry on then.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 06:18:29 pm »

how are you people cutting yourselves?

I wonder this as well. I've never cut myself while shaving except for the times when I use a dull head and it rips the hairs out rather than cutting them. And that's just a little spot of blood. I've never had a gusher.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 06:31:56 pm »

I am going to have to start shaving soon. I do not want to. If any of you manly men have any tips on how not to cut yourself in the face multiple times, or such like, you won't regret it.

I won't regret it? What, there's a reward?

Here's my advice: grow your beard and you won't cut your face. Alternately, shave carefully and you won't cut your face.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 07:10:15 pm »

But the knees, Dawg, what about the knees.

To clarify, even I do not cut my knobbily knees with the electric razor. It's that I have a choice between a device that tends to do bloody damage and a device that only 'shaves' under a somewhat loose  interpretation of the word.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 08:03:12 pm »

hmm.

I find that it helps to shave in the shower.

but mostly for saving time. because then you don't have to worry as much about cream, getting hot water, etc... just put your face to the stream and shave.

although based on comments some people have made, apparently I should be in Hell of Pain for shaving without shaving cream.

also: it seems to make the razors run out faster. or else, it's the lack of shaving cream? or I just have thick facial hair?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 08:08:50 pm »

I have to agree on the effectiveness of Dawg's "grow a beard" methodology. Grow a full, lush beard and look like a Gentleman.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 08:15:23 pm »

I shave in the shower, and just use soap rather than shaving cream.

I only have to shave about every other day, though, although I get stubbly faster in the summer.

I can't grow a beard for shit, though, I just look like Homer Simpson if I skip a few days.  My hair never really seems to grow beyond Stubble.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 09:44:04 pm »

I won't regret it? What, there's a reward?

Here's my advice: grow your beard and you won't cut your face. Alternately, shave carefully and you won't cut your face.
But the knees, Dawg, what about the knees.


Shave your face and you won't cut your knees.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 10:17:35 pm »

I have to agree on the effectiveness of Dawg's "grow a beard" methodology. Grow a full, lush beard and look like a Gentleman Ted Kaczynski.

The truth.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 01:05:04 am »

the theory I have heard is this:

grow a full beard. develop a reputation as a hirsuite man.

and then, abruptly shave it off. the ladies will be Agog at your "baby soft skin," will feel all over your face, etc. plus they will want to get in maximum cuddles before you grow back a scratchy beard.

I have the feeling that my beard would be robust and uncontrollable. I may test this theory, as well as the one articulate above, once I am no longer at a school with a dress (and grooming!) code.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 01:10:02 am »

the theory I have heard is this:

grow a full beard. develop a reputation as a hirsuite man.

and then, abruptly shave it off. the ladies will be Agog at your "baby soft skin," will feel all over your face, etc. plus they will want to get in maximum cuddles before you grow back a scratchy beard.

I have the feeling that my beard would be robust and uncontrollable. I may test this theory, as well as the one articulate above, once I am no longer at a school with a dress (and grooming!) code.

Good Idea

Also, your school has a grooming code???  Good lord, what won't they do?
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 01:11:03 am »

I have the feeling that my beard would be robust and uncontrollable. I may test this theory, as well as the one articulate above, once I am no longer at a school with a dress (and grooming!) code.

And you follow it? Pussy.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up