I love so many bands and my tastes change so often, it's hard for me to guage which ones I like more than the other ones.
For instance I am totally in love with The Faces right now, but it's entirely based on 1 CD I got last year and a bootleg I
got just before I came up here to Utah. Are they really the greatest band ever? Probably not, but based on how much I am
into them right now I might think that. I know that there are other bands that I used to really dig that don't do a thing
for me anymore. It seems like just a year or two back I couldn't listen to Franz Ferdinand enough, but I haven't listened to
them in months. And I remember a time from my youth when Foghat, ZZ Top and ELO blew me away. Hell I even had a brief
Journey/Styx phase. I don't know, it comes and it goes. These list are useless. There are only a few bands that never go
out of style for me. I could probably give you a definitive top 10, but beyond that there about 100 bands tied for 11th.
place.
1.) The Beatles
2.) Paul Simon
3.) Queen
4.) Neil Young
5.) Paul McCartney
6.) The Who
7.) Jimi Hendrix
8.) Rolling Stones
9.) Todd Rundgren
10.) Led Zeppelin
11.) Steely Dan
12.) Radiohead
Tied for 13th. Spike Jones, Allman Brothers Band, Johnny Cash, Frank Zappa, The Flaming Lips, Tool, AC/DC, Willie Nelson, Beck, John Lennon, Bob, Dylan, Wilco, Muddy Waters, Bjork, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Merle Haggard, Bad Company, The Faces, The Kinks, The Band, The Decemberist, Janis Joplin, Rory Gallagher, Crack the Sky, Chuck Berry, Hank Williams, Bruce Springsteen, The Beach Boys (Brian Wilson), Grateful Dead, Nirvana, The Animals, Broken Social Scene, Little Feat, Calexico, Eric Clapton (Includes the Cream), Robert Johnson, Tchaikovsky, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, Louis Armstrong, Cake, Smashing Pumpkins, Pulp, Metallica, Tom Waits, Neko Case, Black Sabbath (Ozzy), George Jones, Rogers and Hammerstien, British Sea Power, Gershwin, Pink Floyd, Gordon Lightfoot, Beethoven, Buddy Holly, Rush, Otis Redding (and all of Stax/Volt), Deep Purple (includes Rainbow), Ry Cooder, Big Star, Dave Brubeck, Peter Paul and Mary, Iggy Pop, Marvin Gaye (and all of Motown), Kings X, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Roy Orbison, Steve Earle, Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin, etc...
~Paul