Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 Top Bands  (Read 25767 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2006, 04:54:59 pm »

LANK-a-stir is in Pennsylvania.

LAN-caster is in California.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2006, 05:03:51 pm »

I thought so, but, there's a Lancaster in California?

Education.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2006, 06:06:54 pm »

There's a LAN-caster in Ohio, too
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2006, 08:15:31 pm »

man, this is like the town which is an offshoot of charlotte. Albermarle.

my friends joke that after a lifetime of living there, older residents have pronunciation difficulties, because when they attempt to say "Albermarle", their lower lip flops around so much that it wraps around their entire head.

I cannot explain it. if you heard the sound of how it is pronounced, maybe that would work... I could put it on my mixdisc!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2006, 10:01:40 pm »

man, this is like the town which is an offshoot of charlotte. Albermarle.

my friends joke that after a lifetime of living there, older residents have pronunciation difficulties, because when they attempt to say "Albermarle", their lower lip flops around so much that it wraps around their entire head.

I cannot explain it. if you heard the sound of how it is pronounced, maybe that would work... I could put it on my mixdisc!

Here Albermarle is a county. Nobody pronounces the first r. Now how Botetourt becomes "bot-a-tot" or Buchanan becomes "buh-canon" is beyond me.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2006, 01:53:26 am »

Here Miami, OK is pronounced Miam-A.  Most people in OK don't even know that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2006, 01:57:00 am »

It's "Miz-UR-ee"  not "Miz-ur-AH" for the record everyone.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2006, 01:57:46 am »

It's "Miz-UR-ee"  not "Miz-ur-AH" for the record everyone.

I'll be dead and buried in the cold cold ground before I recognize either.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2006, 01:58:30 am »

I'll be dead and buried in the cold cold ground before I recognize either.

Paint my chickencoop!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2006, 02:28:13 am »

Versailles (that's "ver-sales") is just on the other side of Frankfort.  It's where most of the movie "Elizabethtown" was filmed.

Where I grew up, in Western Ky, there a Cadiz (Kay-deez) and a Lafayette (Luh-Fay-Ett).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2006, 03:37:34 am »

Here Miami, OK is pronounced Miam-A.  Most people in OK don't even know that.

So is Miami, AZ.  At least in San Manuel, AZ.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2006, 04:31:05 pm »

Only in Washington have I ever heard people call it Warshinton.

I don't understand it, either.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2006, 04:35:27 pm »

Londoners call London Larndurn.
Mancunians call Manchester Manchestur. (So much to answer for.)
Liverpudlians call Liverpool Levairpooel.

This is my contribution to the discussion.

I am basically a dude who says 'barth' and 'arsk'. I promise I am not a dude who also goes hunting and sips cups of Earl Grey tea with Marmite scones, though.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2006, 05:10:54 pm »

I am basically a dude who says 'barth' and 'arsk'. I promise I am not a dude who also goes hunting and sips cups of Earl Grey tea with Marmite scones, though.

But Earl Grey tea is delicious...
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2006, 06:16:40 pm »

But Earl Grey tea is delicious...

Dig.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up