Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 Top Bands  (Read 25782 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2006, 06:31:09 pm »

Toffee-nosed snobs, I make my tea out of muck and boiled water, and I like it.

If you live in Britain, you gotta get used to the whole 'boiled muck' thing.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2006, 06:39:46 pm »

Toffee-nosed snobs, I make my tea out of muck and boiled water, and I like it.

If you live in Britain, you gotta get used to the whole 'boiled muck' thing.

I bet you also drink your tea out of a saucer.  Plebeian!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2006, 06:44:53 pm »

Toffee-nosed snobs, I make my tea out of muck and boiled water, and I like it.

If you live in Britain, you gotta get used to the whole 'boiled muck' thing.

But, but ...  Earl Grey has that delightful hint of bergamot...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2006, 07:17:14 pm »

I recently bought a box of tea bags of the brand PG Tips which claimed to be the best selling in all of England, or some such.  Is this the muck of which you speak?  It seemed rather mucky to me.  Also, no strings on the bags.  Very annoying.  If I wanted to use an extra implement when preparing a hot beverage at work I'd just go ahead and bring in loose tea.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2006, 07:24:16 pm »

Grey, indeed. This mis-spelling of the name drops it out of favour with me.

How can you mis-spell a name?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2006, 11:43:32 pm »

man.

I feel that I know the name PG Tips from the novel White Teeth.
wherein it is used as an example of how this one family is very poor, and classless.

the posh lady is slightly miffed at the PG Tips tea, but she drinks it because she is trying to be polite.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2006, 12:45:40 am »

I recently bought a box of tea bags of the brand PG Tips which claimed to be the best selling in all of England, or some such.  Is this the muck of which you speak?  It seemed rather mucky to me.  Also, no strings on the bags.  Very annoying.  If I wanted to use an extra implement when preparing a hot beverage at work I'd just go ahead and bring in loose tea.

Quote from: wikipedia on PG Tips
the 1960s, PG Tips was the first brand to introduce the tea bag. This grew in popularity, eventually becoming more popular than leaf tea in the 1970s.

PG Tags, tea bags with a string, were launched in 1985, and pyramid-shaped tea bags in 1996. The Pyramid shaped bag was specifically designed to help the tea leaves move more freely, as loose tea moves in a teapot, and create a better infusion.


You must have got factory seconds.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2006, 01:09:22 am »

It sounds to me like that means that you get either a tag OR a pyramid shape.  I got the pyramid shaped ones.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2006, 01:19:40 am »

I don't understand why they wouldn't have strings as well.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2006, 01:42:03 am »

I agree that this is a great mystery, but as indicated in your quote, they offered no strings at all before 1985, when I feel quite sure that the technology was available prior to that. Perhaps Judy can weigh in with some insight into the inscrutable British attitude towards tea bag strings.  Do they indicate that you are poor and classless?  Unable to afford a spoon with which to extract your bag from the cup?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2006, 03:00:44 am »

In Boston, "Good morning, how are you?" is actually pronounced "Yankees Suck".

God love those drunks.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:54 am »

I drink a whole lot of tea, all from bags, and out of the common brands I buy, only one has a string.  Do you not stir your tea?  Just grab the bag with whatever you use to stir, and throw it away.  I think I prefer no string actually, as you can get your tea quicker because it mixes faster.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2006, 03:10:28 am »

Well, I'd just like to say that coffee would kick tea's ass any time any day.  In fact, this is me, coffee, calling you out right now tea.  Meet me in the cage at Royal Rumble.  We're gonna GET IT ON.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2006, 03:16:10 am »

oh it is ON muthafucka!

I got tea-drinkers on both sides of the family, and their powers combine to form a TEA DRINKING ALMOST-MAN WHO CAN KICK YOUR ASS!

actually since I'm a tea drinker I am essentially a reasonable person. I am sure you will understand this, and we can reach a peaceful resolution.
I think we can agree that there is a need for both classless, halitosied coffee drinker, and the intelligent, sweet-smelling tea drinker.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 25 Top Bands
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2006, 03:27:38 am »

Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up