Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: May Blogs - A Thread  (Read 16955 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
May Blogs - A Thread
« on: May 08, 2006, 03:58:43 pm »

It is a new month, and with that new month comes new insight into the world of Achewood.

I just want to give Pat a big ol' hug.
Quote
Seriously, 99% of our daily trips can be taken via flyweight recumbent bicycle or gravity-sensible skitter-carts.
Quote
(good old 56k dialup is all the sensible Internet user needs, so long as images are turned off, as they should be in pretty much all cases)
Quote
preynolds1@well.com

As ever, Chris's entry is a lot more interesting than most 'real' blogs. He has a certain turn of phrase which I'm sure has been discussed before.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 04:01:49 pm »

Pat should use a car that runs on pretentiousness.  OOOH BURN.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 04:04:24 pm »

Pat should use a car that runs on pretentiousness.  OOOH BURN.

Like that car on the Simpsons, which runs on that dude's sense of self satisfaction? Flip, if you invented that car Prog-Rock bands wouldn't need gigantic sword shaped planes anymore. It would just be too much.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 04:04:42 pm »

Pretentiousness IS the cleanest burning fossil fuel after all.

However, everyone knows which is the most efficient one.  Everyone can understand this.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 04:19:12 pm »

Yeah, my commute which takes 20 minutes at 65mph can easily be made on a bike. Or maybe I could just hop on one of the many buses that only run in the opposite direction.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 04:22:30 pm »

It's all been written, especially by The Onion.
New Anger-Powered Cars May Revolutionize The Way We Drive
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 04:24:49 pm »

Yeah, my commute which takes 20 minutes at 65mph can easily be made on a bike. Or maybe I could just hop on one of the many buses that only run in the opposite direction.

Clearly the answer here is to move closer.  Any moron with half a brain can see that you're not acting very locally by living so far away.

I know what you're going to say "Oh the housing market is too expensive/crime-riddled for me where I work."  Then clearly you need to find a new job in a reasonable living environment. </Pat>
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 04:29:30 pm »

Clearly the answer here is to move closer.  Any moron with half a brain can see that you're not acting very locally by living so far away.

I know what you're going to say "Oh the housing market is too expensive/crime-riddled for me where I work."  Then clearly you need to find a new job in a reasonable living environment. </Pat>

Actually it would be cheaper for me to live closer to work but where I am now the SO can walk to her job. It just boggles my mind that the buses headed away from the city all run empty because they're out of service. I'm not the only reverse-commuter in the area, am I?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 04:32:24 pm »

It's all been written, especially by The Onion.
New Anger-Powered Cars May Revolutionize The Way We Drive


Anger powered cars? If it's a beautiful sunny day and you're driving a top-down car with a gorgeous lady at your side down the motorway, you'd suddenly run out of power! In gridlocked traffic, the slightest tap of the accelerator would send you into the car in front!

This may be covered in the article: I never actually read it. But now I will.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 04:34:56 pm »

I actually hear you there.  STL has quite possibly the shittiest bus system outside of Norway (Note:  I do not know if Norway's bus system is shitty or not, it just... it seems like it would be in my mind; but then I'm vaguely insane so don't take my word for it.  I am sorry about this Norway.)

I live in the downtown area and work way out in the sticks (mostly because the sticks are strangely more expensive to live in AND I can't fuck*ng stand the sticks.)  Most of the buses come INTO the city and thus if I were to do such as a bus system it would take me so long to get to work that it would be quite ridiculous; and verse vica in the evening.

As a result I just try and drive a 4-cyl as little as intrusively as possible.  At least the highways are clear going my way each day I guess.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 04:50:54 pm »

Damn.  56k, that's just...damn.  I'm still indignant that I don't have wireless in my dorm (and that it's against The Rules to set up your own network, so don't even suggest it; I've already considered it.)

I think all breaks should be composed of pumice-fortified soap; maybe we could all start wearing shoes with pumice-fortified soles.

Please note "'hygiene' products": Pat is such a fuck*ng hippie.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 05:02:23 pm »

Pat is the kind of guy who buys ecohealthytelligent organic local-micro-brand vegetables and then hits them with a can of Raid before eating them.

All is summarized therein.
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 05:49:17 pm »

I actually hear you there.  STL has quite possibly the shittiest bus system outside of Norway (Note:  I do not know if Norway's bus system is shitty or not, it just... it seems like it would be in my mind; but then I'm vaguely insane so don't take my word for it.  I am sorry about this Norway.)

Norway (at least Oslo) has a decent subway and light rail service with some excessively cool stations. I bet Trollhättan has pretty lousy bus service, but that's even in Sweden. Sorry to be so literal.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 06:05:58 pm »

I actually hear you there.  STL has quite possibly the shittiest bus system outside of Norway (Note:  I do not know if Norway's bus system is shitty or not, it just... it seems like it would be in my mind; but then I'm vaguely insane so don't take my word for it.  I am sorry about this Norway.)

I live in the downtown area and work way out in the sticks (mostly because the sticks are strangely more expensive to live in AND I can't fuck*ng stand the sticks.)  Most of the buses come INTO the city and thus if I were to do such as a bus system it would take me so long to get to work that it would be quite ridiculous; and verse vica in the evening.

As a result I just try and drive a 4-cyl as little as intrusively as possible.  At least the highways are clear going my way each day I guess.

Most cities in these United States have rather craptastic systems of public transportation, due to exceedingly poor urban planning.  For instance, there is a shopping centre (Target + Barnes & Noble = I'M SO THERE) basically at the end of my street at home, but in order to get there, I have to cut through two office building parking lots, a meadow/tiny wooded area, and a very high (12-ish feet, I'd say) plastic fence, -- the gate through which is often closed, requiring me to muster all my strength to heave it open -- not to mention two or three residential streets with no sidewalks but with quite a bit of car traffic.  This is pretty much unacceptable, in my opinion, but it's the way of (this part of) the world.

P.S. -- I win the prize for the longest, most rambling sentence ever.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 07:35:08 pm »

Hobot's post is giving me a Pat attack.   I fuck*ng hate that kind of thing.  I need to go lie down now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up