Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: May Blogs - A Thread  (Read 16929 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 01:06:06 pm »

I'm not sure I want to click on 'Little Nephew lays it bare.' 

Can we look forward to Wacky Hijinks from Mr Bear's new pub?

I don't think you ever have to worry with LN. But the time you've deciphered what the hell he's saying any potential for offense has long since evaporated.

I'm assuming Mr. Bear is going to end up with customers who are significantly roudier than he anticipates. Like Lyle.
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 01:45:41 pm »

Quote from: LN
All de day long Charley scrubbz tha flo'z, fillz up the wooden tonzil-scrapah's wit-what you stir yo' coffee, even risin' up thru de ranks at Stahbukkszibbit to show a lady he can true keep he bond or promiz[...]
I be cold from tha 1920s all so crisp and chazte.

What blows my mind is the elegent fusion of LN's over-tha-top EBoNiXczl and his corny, shitty-novella derived concept of romance. I love this blog update so much.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 02:02:16 pm »

Ain't no haberdasher as dapper as me, I be so crisp, so chaste!

(So crisp and so chaste-chaste!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 02:38:21 pm »

Perhaps I've mentioned this before, but LN's blog literally hurts my eyes.  Something about going from his garish red background to the delicate white and greens of Achewood.com always makes my eyes go twinchy for a few seconds.  I wonder if this is intentionally built into the design so as to make the Little Nephew character THAT MUCH MORE IRRITATING.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »

Turbo, it's funny, I was just thinking that today, and yes, my eyes also hurt after about a second or two, so much so that I just copied and pasted into a text window and read it there.  I'm going to have to read these in a feed reader from now on, I think. 

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 03:24:40 pm »

I shouldn't have a problem, since I use Bloglines, but for some reason it always truncates LN's posts, so I have to read them on the blog. For the longest time I thought he just trailed off mid-sentence in nearly every post.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 03:40:57 pm »

The contrast between LN's dialect and his relatively sedate romantic goals (getting stoned on a blanket with Molly at midnight and reading poetry?) is absolutely delightful.

Also, Nice Pete is too furious to write but not too furious to blog-update. Go, Pete!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 03:56:02 pm »

Also, Nice Pete is too furious to write but not too furious to blog-update. Go, Pete!

I wonder, will he go on a publishing industry killing spree?

We can only hope!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 04:21:25 pm »

I shouldn't have a problem, since I use Bloglines, but for some reason it always truncates LN's posts, so I have to read them on the blog. For the longest time I thought he just trailed off mid-sentence in nearly every post.

It's not just you. I use Sage, the RSS reader for Firefox, and it does the same thing with LN.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 06:15:11 pm »

I'm really interested in the idea of Corny renaming a pub and collecting renaming suggestions from the other Achewoodites.

Ray coming up with really glam over-the-top stuff, Liebot coming up with something dark and awful, Beef coming up with something whimsically utilitarian... Lyle, perhaps, being racist against an obscure ethnic group or an ethnic group upon which racism is not usually leveed? Let ALONE whatever the hell Phillipe would contribute to such a debate.

Pat trying to shove him into making it a health food stand.

Seems to write itself.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 06:20:09 pm »

Ray coming up with really glam over-the-top stuff, Liebot coming up with something dark and awful, Beef coming up with something whimsically utilitarian... Lyle, perhaps, being racist against an obscure ethnic group or an ethnic group upon which racism is not usually leveed? Let ALONE whatever the hell Phillipe would contribute to such a debate.

"Le Bistro Debonair"
"Club Baby Seal"
"Basically A Bar"
"The Gargantuan Swede"
"HUUUGS!"


In that order.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 06:23:07 pm »

I'm really interested in the idea of Corny renaming a pub and collecting renaming suggestions from the other Achewoodites.

Ray coming up with really glam over-the-top stuff, Liebot coming up with something dark and awful, Beef coming up with something whimsically utilitarian... Lyle, perhaps, being racist against an obscure ethnic group or an ethnic group upon which racism is not usually leveed? Let ALONE whatever the hell Phillipe would contribute to such a debate.

Pat trying to shove him into making it a health food stand.

Seems to write itself.

Ray: O'Reillys (He probably associates all pubs with Irish dudes)
Liebot: The Scat ('Scat meant 'place of honour' in ancient Gaelic')
Beef: Basically A Place To Forget Depression
Lyle: The Chinaman Hunter (You actually do get pubs named like that in England)
Phillipe: Ermmmm...
Pat: A Bad Place

Not very good, I'll admit. Read Q's list, it is mooch better.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 06:45:45 pm »

I can only hope that Mr. Bear goes Olde Scole and picks a name that can easily be represented by a picture on the sign by his illiterate customers. Something like The Nag and Weasel or The Troll's Head.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 06:52:51 pm »

See, I imagine Ray approaching it from a cluelessly-yet-shamelessly capitalistic angle and coming up with a name such as an airport bar or a low-cost family steakhouse chain would go for.

Something in the "Hilariggan McBrew's Olde-Time Drinkporium and Steaktastrophe" vein.

Offering to put up the initial investment if Corn'll ditch the pickled eggs and at the most fried Mars bars and serve... loaded potato skins and nachos and moderately-priced cuts of beef with awkwardly-Austrailian names and so on. "Spaghetti and Austrailian Rules Meatball" or something.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2006, 07:00:17 pm »

See, I imagine Ray approaching it from a cluelessly-yet-shamelessly capitalistic angle and coming up with a name such as an airport bar or a low-cost family steakhouse chain would go for.

Something in the "Hilariggan McBrew's Olde-Time Drinkporium and Steaktastrophe" vein.

Offering to put up the initial investment if Corn'll ditch the pickled eggs and at the most fried Mars bars and serve... loaded potato skins and nachos and moderately-priced cuts of beef with awkwardly-Austrailian names and so on. "Spaghetti and Austrailian Rules Meatball" or something.

No no no... think Lyle and Ray's Perfect Jays.  He'd want to "change the market".  I'd see him picking something that SOUNDS classy and wondrous to him but really means absolutely nothing.

It would also do amazingly well, because he is Ray.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up