Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: May Blogs - A Thread  (Read 16933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2006, 06:37:35 pm »

Does it startle anybody else that seemingly any information one could want is nicely presented in an informative, thorough article on Wikipedia?

I'd rather try to catch the shuttlecock than any of the others, though. Good research.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2006, 08:07:40 pm »

How have I never heard of this "Jai Alai"? I looked it up, and it sounds completely made-up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2006, 09:10:36 pm »

Does it startle anybody else that seemingly any information one could want is nicely presented in an informative, thorough article on Wikipedia?

It wasn't that simple, I had to go through like 15 pages and do my own math to come up with the comprehensive list.

I went to bed early to sleep off this wisdom tooth swelling and woke up fully rested in the middle of the night, had to kill some time.  Man, it's still pretty swollen.  Didn't even get any vic's or codiene, I'm forced to make my own drugs.  They're working pretty well, though.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2006, 09:18:34 pm »

How have I never heard of this "Jai Alai"? I looked it up, and it sounds completely made-up.

You never watched Miami Vice? It's in the opening credits.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2006, 09:44:11 pm »

dude, I was like 2 at max in the 80's.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2006, 10:59:49 pm »

No excuse. Learn about your nations rich cultural television history!

Also, on the Sleuth channel they show Miami Vice reruns every day. Catch up.



Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2006, 11:58:43 pm »

Miami Vice was the birth of style over substance television dramas.

It sucks donkey balls, don't waste your time tI.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2006, 12:18:01 am »

yeah, I wasn't going to. sorry.

I think I might go watch a good movie, instead.

...except I've seen all the ones we have. Hmm. Being sick with no good movies to watch is hard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2006, 12:59:26 am »

Does it startle anybody else that seemingly any information one could want is nicely presented in an informative, thorough article on Wikipedia?

There's a famous book on information ubiquity that notes that sometime in the late 90s people's mental model of the internet shifted from "I wonder if ________ is on the internet?" to "Everything is on the internet."

And so it is.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2006, 05:12:29 pm »

How have I never heard of this "Jai Alai"? I looked it up, and it sounds completely made-up.

You're not a crossword freak, then? It's a stock puzzle answer. Look at all them vowels!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2006, 06:03:21 pm »

http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/ Badminton? This so relevant that I am on topic with the off topic.

I just played Tomato Tennis with my dog. He did not get the rules. He kept trying to catch the tomatos in his mouth, which gave me Tomato Tennis Points. I scored three out of five which is quite good going, I'd say.

He didn't want to play when it was his turn to throw; he demonstated this by eating, and not throwing, the tomato.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2006, 06:19:02 pm »

do people eat whole tomatos?

I can dig things made with tomatos, but not the actual tomato. tomatos are good in a sauce, or salsa, but not in whole slices. maybe I am insane?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2006, 06:36:15 pm »

do people eat whole tomatos?

I can dig things made with tomatos, but not the actual tomato. tomatos are good in a sauce, or salsa, but not in whole slices. maybe I am insane?

I can't eat a tomato like an apple, but some people can.  I enjoy sliced tomatoes (like the kind you see on burgers; circular-like) with Classic French dressing (vegetable oil, tarragon wine vinegar, salt & pepper, and garlic) and chopped fresh basil.  An optional addition is shredded mozzarella cheese (which I opt out of, since I am a crazy vegan).
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2006, 07:15:13 pm »

They have to be good tomatoes, nice and fully ripe and sweet. The kind that either come just at the height of field tomato season, or those foofoo little on-the-vine ones from the greenhouse. Then they are awesome with just a little salt.

Also caprese salad, which is slices of ripe tomato alternating with slices of unripened mozarella balls (bocconcini) and basil leaves wedged between, drizzled with olive oil, salt, and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Basically what Hobot described but the italian version. I grew up around a lot of italians but they never made this for me. Bastards.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: May Blogs - A Thread
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2006, 08:37:59 pm »

The tomatos are heavy on the vine in Houston.  Someone told me not to plant before Memorial Day here in Utah.  This is cause for serious depression.  I gotta get someone to airlift me in some tomatos.  Seriously.  Ripe tomato with just a little salt is basically the best thing on earth.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up