Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.  (Read 18207 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2006, 04:41:33 am »

(emphasis added by AD)

I also believe that the owner of a gun should be at least partially responsible for a crime committed with the gun - particularly in the cases where a teenager gets a dad or uncle's gun and carries out some kind of crime...like a school shooting or the kid shooting at the police. An unsecured gun should result in its owner bearing some share of responsibility for the crime.


I didn't think that I would agree with you on any of the subjects in this thread, but this is the exception.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2006, 05:42:39 am »

Hoplophobia is the same thing as being scared of ladders, deep water, or cars. It isn't a bad thing and if you are really bothered by it you can always cure it through controlled exposure.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2006, 08:52:46 pm »

Hoplophobia is the same thing as being scared of ladders, deep water, or cars. It isn't a bad thing and if you are really bothered by it you can always cure it through controlled exposure.

My opinion on irrational fears is that usually they aren't bad, but if there is a chance that a person could be crippled in a situation where it could become a life or death situation for themselves or others, then they should seek some kind of treatment. Fear of guns may not be one in this category, but I've seen situations where fear of heights, being outside, or claustrophobia has forced rescuers to divert decisions and attentions to an indvidual in a group that could have jeopardized the whole operation.
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2006, 06:02:30 pm »

Yes exactly

Some people just are not comfortable around guns and that is cool and ok in my world.

Some people really do not like people who have anything to do with guns and try to distort the truth to get some petty sense of power over them. That is not cool dogg.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2006, 06:16:25 pm »

yeah. my parents are actually the same way. they are basically worried about anyone who has guns around. maybe this is irrational, but, you know. I get it from them.

I think maybe I am desensitized at this point, because of:
-Living in The South.
-Watching a lot of violent movies (although, most of them still bother me a lot. I walked out of Kill Bill because I couldn't handle it. Yes, I am a little girl-man.)

I remember an age where if someone had a gun in a movie, I would get scared. that is past. so maybe the gun-fearing is over.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2006, 06:49:29 pm »

I would like to own a gun so that if I was mugged I could cooly unholster the piece and say something suitably threatening and watch the rabbits run. (Basically, for protection. I am paranoid about being beaten on the street. It must be the women's clothing.)

But people kill each other with guns all the time... when they were 'protecting' themselves. I think I could rely on myself not to shoot someone out of anger or clumsiness, but then again lots of people say that. And then they shoot people.

So, I would not own a gun, and maybe other people shouldn't. It's a topic I cannot do justice.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2006, 08:45:22 pm »

I think I would own a gun if I ever got a really crappy house.  Only so I could put my car on the lawn and shoot at it.  I've seriously always wanted to do that, I'm not even joking.  That sounds awesome.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2006, 01:16:00 am »

I would not do that unless you had a house in the country. Bullets are dangerous for about a mile, but if you look around you will probably find a local shooting range that will let you park the car on the firing line and shoot it up, maybe there are also some cops who need to do a little training to see how their ammunition does against auto glass and metal. It will be enlightening and fun for everyone and probably not cost you any money at all except to have the destroyed car taken to a junkyard at the end and even then maybe someone else will pick that up.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up