I enjoy Disney parks differently depending on which part of me I let take over active thoughts.
Part of me loves looking at the structures themselves and finding how they exploit sight lines, etc. I like seeing how they disguise necessary structural details when they'd rather them not be there, and I like the sheer detail they put in to their construction.
Part of me hates the perfection of it, where everyone's smiling even if it would be understandable that they wouldn't be. It doesn't seem like they allow their "cast members" to act like "humans."
Part of me likes all the cool stuff they have in EPCOT, and misses the future when we'd all live in space and have flying cars.
Part of me can't help but wonder if the current songs they pipe through are all available on affiliated record labels, and if those CDs might be featured front-and-center in any gift store.
I guess it just comes down to how cynical and jaded I'm feeling, which in itself is something to think about, because I know the parks evoke child-like wonder because they are *designed* to evoke child-like wonder, and should I feel good or bad about that?
I will say this, though, as a former resident of Orlando: We hate you, tourists. We hate you and your rental cars and your gleeful acceptance of $8 beer. We hate you for making us drive through your traffic to see shows because they're all in the part of town you hang out in. We hate you for filling up our restaurants and airline flights. Go away, please.