Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Poll

What's it going to be?

Coffee
- 19 (51.4%)
Tea
- 12 (32.4%)
Tacos
- 6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?  (Read 19523 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:26:49 am »

Because of a problem, this thread has become neccessary.  So, it is officially, irrevocably ON.

Let's get to it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 03:49:04 am by FlipConstantine »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 03:44:43 am »

I am quite fond of coffee, however, I have been told I have some-what high blood pressure and must become less fond of coffee, I am told. Also, I'm supposed to not eat salt straight out of the shaker anymore. It'll be an empty life.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 03:59:16 am »

Well I'm not addicted to caffeine so I'm rolling with the Taco crowd. I see an underdogg win the in the works people. Stick me me and you'll go far, I guarantee.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 04:21:06 am »

I drink both.

Not at the same time, mind you...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 04:42:11 am »

I'll pick benzedrine as my preferred morning stimulant.  I drink coffee if I feel like coming down.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 05:32:28 am »

I'll pick benzedrine as my preferred morning stimulant.  I drink coffee if I feel like coming down.

This reminds me.. I think I saw your heart just barreling all to hell down the 405 this morning.  It was beating out a WRX who looked all pissed about it.


Thought you'd like to know where you could find it.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 11:35:26 am »

I need to finally pick one of these beverages to take up. My mother is an old-school coffee person, and my dad is similar with tea; I figure at this point, now that I am so nearly an Adult, I need to pick one and stop sitting on the fence of "cola and/or don't eat breakfast."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 11:58:11 am »

Tea. Coffee in emergencies. It works better if you don't have a tolerance built up.

As for the choice:  If I had it to do over, now, I would be a coffee drinker.  You can get good coffee on almost every streetcorner nowadays.  You can get good tea almost nowhere, unless you think lukewarm water with a stale bag floating in it, looking like a dead penis,(especially if it has a string) is a tasty beverage.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 01:00:27 pm »

You can get good tea almost nowhere, unless you think lukewarm water with a stale bag floating in it, looking like a dead penis,(especially if it has a string) is a tasty beverage.

Well there's Teaism. And Teavanna if you can get all the way to Tyson's. I'm also told Lebanese Taverna does tea right. Personally I think they all taste like wet monkey ass.

cola and/or don't eat breakfast.

The correct option. I am in fact sitting here with my morning Dew as we speak.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 01:28:27 pm »

C-A-W-F-E-E, coffee is my friend.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 01:32:26 pm »

Well there's Teaism. And Teavanna if you can get all the way to Tyson's. I'm also told Lebanese Taverna does tea right.

My point exactly.  Not exactly a convenient option every day on your way to work.  I think these days in most places you can think of two or three places in a whole metropolitan area that take tea seriously - not a lot of exceptions to the general Floating Drowned penis rule.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 01:54:26 pm »

I like tea okay but since tacos were on the list I had to vote for them. I like tacos way better than coffee or tea.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 01:59:16 pm »

Coffee all the way. I like tea, but not nearly as much as coffee. I used to drink a pot a day plus obscene quantities of diet coke, but then problems with the pipes made me cut way back. Now I drink about a cup and a half of delish coffee from the roasters up the street, prepared in our totally awesome french press. Major improvements over our old drip coffee maker.

And in the afternoons/evenings, caffeine-free diet coke. It's really depressing if I think about it too hard.

How do you take your coffee/tea? I usually have black coffee (though the french press has made me enjoy a little half & half), but my tea has to have honey in it.

Anyone who posts a "I like my coffee like I like my women..." line that I haven't heard before wins tiny cans! My personal favorite is "...with a spoon in 'em."
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 02:15:35 pm »

I'm a coffee drinker.  I drink about half a pot per day.

I don't really like tea, although I drink instant iced-tea mix (Four C Diet Tea, with Splenda which tastes more sugary than their sugary mix tastes) when I'm not drinking coffee.

I never got the hot tea thing.  I'll have a cup of shitty Lipton over at my grandmother's, and when  we visit some old family friends we'll have a cup because they're connoisseurs and can provide a GOOD cup of tea, which is nice to have every now and again.

But you keep me from my coffee and I'm out on the street offering my services to rich widows in exchange for a shot of espresso.  I'm definitely an addict.  I tried to quit once but the come-down was too painful.  I was back off the wagon by that same afternoon.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Coffee Or Tea Mother Bitches?
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 02:24:15 pm »

Anyone who posts a "I like my coffee like I like my women..." line that I haven't heard before wins tiny cans! My personal favorite is "...with a spoon in 'em."

In little pods so I can have them fresh, one at a time.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up